Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dragonpad Rainbow Over My Bedroom
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on October 9, 2010
Had this about 6 months. Have changed batteries once and my daughter uses this every night. It goes off after about 20-30 minutes on the timer setting. Reasonably durable as it has fallen a few times and still works fine. Very pretty when lights are off. You can't see much when lights are on.

It uses 5 led lights that work together to create a rainbow. There are two switches--one for on, off and timer (will turn off after 20-30 minutes with timer). The second is for different rainbows--normal, bright and color changing. A knob changes the direction and shape of the rainbow.

Relatively compact, particularly when compared to Uncle Milton version, which I liked.
on January 29, 2010
Our whole family loves this rainbow- it's a must have. The pictures on-line DO NOT do it justice, but I'm sure that's because it's hard to take a good picture of something in the dark. This works best if it's placed on a dresser, because the closer that it is to the ceiling the sharper the rainbow colors will be. This is exactly what you'd imagine when you say you want a rainbow in your room. It's fun to project onto the wall, but MUCH better to project onto the ceiling. You can turn the dial so that you select the direction that the rainbow will be. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! Thank you to whoever invented this!
on June 28, 2013
my daughters uncle miltons rainbow stopped working and i went to order another...$20 no thanks. i've had 2 as gifts and it has always been pretty dull no matter where you put it. I ordered this rainbow and got it within a day or 2. YES..color is AWFUL if you leave the mirror placed exactly how it arrives. I thought oh my gosh what did i buy. but the reflective strip is on a circular wheel and you can turn it full circle. WOW! AMAZING once you turn it diagonal. I was so impressed I laid in bed with her and stared at it. HUGE display with thick bright colors. I've still got to figure out the timer as my daughter claimed it stayed on all night but i've got a feeling she turned it on again in the morning. takes up less space than the awkward milton one too.

TURN THE WHEEL! I can't believe no one has said this yet!
on February 17, 2011
This item is not at all like that pictured in the advertisement. The photograph of the Rainbow Over My Bedroom looks as if it has been manipulated to appear larger and more vibrantly and deeply colored that the actual product. For example, the photograph makes it appear as if the projected rainbow is five-seven feet high and dramatically colored. In fact, the largest I could get it to appear is three feet high and the color saturation is very faint unless the unit is within 24 inches of the wall (unlike the photo in which the unit is four-five feet from the wall). In addition, since the unit is unshielded, it throws off a very unattractive 120 degree glare that makes it useless as a nightlight.

I normally am not this unpleasant about a defective product, but in this case I feel deliberately misled by false advertising accomplished with a manipulated image.
66 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2010
We have had this for about a year and it is a unique and lovely way to provide a rainbow each night to your child even when it it is dark and dreary. Easy to use and it looks fantastic and has great automatic shut off features and inexpensive to run. Boys and girls will enjoy and made my child feel very special.
on July 1, 2014
fun for the kids, some "oooh"s and "aaaahh"s but the novelty wore off shortly. And I turn it off pretty quick because I'm worried about the batteries running out. Its pretty to see a rainbow on the wall though :) you have to turn the dial to get it just right
review image review image
on February 17, 2010
This little machine is great, but a little confusing. There are several different settings and the little paper that describes the settings keeps falling off.
But it's fun to "make" the rainbow with the settings and it stays on until you turn it off. My 7 year old son loves it and the small size is easy for him to put away until he wants to see it again.
on February 19, 2011
The rainbow is pure magic for a child's room. Until this purchase I had a hard time getting my five year old to sleep in her room, but since its arrival she looks forward to going to bed. The device itself is small, and easy to move out of the way. It can be easily closed, and hidden of a day. Battery life seems to be very extensive. We have had it for a couple of weeks, and it is on all night, and we have not had to change the batteries yet. It does have a setting that allows it to shut off after a while, but we keep it set on for the whole night. The seller we purchased ours from had it here in about 5 business days, and it was the packaging was perfect. I am not sure that it has extensive educational value, but the joy value is through the roof. To be honest, my husband and I have discussed getting one for our room, and our sons' room.
on May 22, 2011
Got this as a Christmas present for daughters who love the song Over the Rainbow. Ate through batteries then died after maybe two dozen uses. The packaging and directions looked pretty dodgy and should have been a red flag toward shoddy quality. What waste of money and the children are disappointed. (When it did work the colors were not that vivid or clearly delineated either.) Avoid entirely.
on October 2, 2010
It took 45 days for this toy to arrive from Beijing (surprise number one). When it finally did arrive, it was in a box that had been crushed during delivery. The toy itself did not appear to be damaged, but (surprise number 2) the instruction manual reported to be inside the box was not there. We decided to give the cheap-looking device a try anyway, putting in three batteries and switching it on. A rainbow of sorts did emerge, but the light source is weak and the colors are badly smeared out. Not a classic prism by any means.

I'm surprised Amazon does business with vendors like this. It's a cheap toy from China, badly overpriced, with a ridiculously long delivery time. Buyer beware.