Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 190 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 197 reviews
on June 28, 2013
my daughters uncle miltons rainbow stopped working and i went to order another...$20 no thanks. i've had 2 as gifts and it has always been pretty dull no matter where you put it. I ordered this rainbow and got it within a day or 2. YES..color is AWFUL if you leave the mirror placed exactly how it arrives. I thought oh my gosh what did i buy. but the reflective strip is on a circular wheel and you can turn it full circle. WOW! AMAZING once you turn it diagonal. I was so impressed I laid in bed with her and stared at it. HUGE display with thick bright colors. I've still got to figure out the timer as my daughter claimed it stayed on all night but i've got a feeling she turned it on again in the morning. takes up less space than the awkward milton one too.

TURN THE WHEEL! I can't believe no one has said this yet!
on October 9, 2010
Had this about 6 months. Have changed batteries once and my daughter uses this every night. It goes off after about 20-30 minutes on the timer setting. Reasonably durable as it has fallen a few times and still works fine. Very pretty when lights are off. You can't see much when lights are on.

It uses 5 led lights that work together to create a rainbow. There are two switches--one for on, off and timer (will turn off after 20-30 minutes with timer). The second is for different rainbows--normal, bright and color changing. A knob changes the direction and shape of the rainbow.

Relatively compact, particularly when compared to Uncle Milton version, which I liked.
on July 1, 2014
fun for the kids, some "oooh"s and "aaaahh"s but the novelty wore off shortly. And I turn it off pretty quick because I'm worried about the batteries running out. Its pretty to see a rainbow on the wall though :) you have to turn the dial to get it just right
review image review image
on March 10, 2017
It's a great little toy and my 18month old loves playing with it. The reflection wheel spins like a timer (which my sons loves doing) and there's an actual timer function to keep it from wearing out the batteries. This makes great rainbows and covered our entire ceiling. Yes, the best rainbows are in the dark/at night, but i've opened it during the day and could still see the rainbow. Not sure about the reviews that say you can't see it, but mine is a big beautiful rainbow.
on October 30, 2013
I ordered this item to add to my daughters room. First, it is cheap! Second, it works! I am glad someone mentioned that you should turn the mirror thing to get the rainbow to project better. Instructions made me laugh ( I think it is made in China) because English was quite funny, but regardless it works and my daughter is super happy. I like the fact that it is small and I can close. It is awesome. I am thinking about buying one for my niece now.
on March 12, 2013
The kids enjoy this in their room, but I have been careful not to leave it without supervision, because I am afraid that it might break.. due to the other reviews I read when I originally purchased it. We've had it for 2 years now and it is still intact. I wish it were something that I could leave in their rooms and use on a regular basis but I just don't dare. These kids are active though so maybe a calm little girl would be more careful with it. Could also work really well for a baby in a crib where it won't be touched. The colors aren't very brilliant, kind of fuzzy and faded as far as where one color stops and the next color begins, but it's still magical to children. They like it enough for me to be able to utilize it as a 'treat' for good behavior. It's also nice that it has different settings so that it can move through the colors or just stand still. Kind of a fancy night light, so not a total waste. And is calming, so that's nice.
on October 21, 2016
This was better than I thought it would be for the price. My daughter constantly asked for a "real rainbow that could go in" her room. This was just the ticket! For her birthday she received this along with some items for her fairy garden but immediately took everything to her room, turned off the light and set up a wee fairy garden under her "real rainbow". The timer feature is perfect because she uses it as a nightlught and the mirror can turn and change the look of the rainbow as well as 3 different settings. I also like that it closes up kind of like an egg and can be easily transported to different spots around the house. Overall, this is really great!
on January 4, 2014
I don't get why so many people leave bad reviews, especially when it's about "you have to turn it into a particular angle". It's a projector of course you need to adjust the angle. It's not that hard at all, just turn the little medal piece (mirror) slightly, it takes two fingers maybe 3 seconds, you'll figure out what the better angles are. You can also hold it in your hands and turn around, walk closer to or further away from the wall, and you'll see the effects it makes in all different angles and distances. I bought it as a gift to a friend, we tried it in her bedroom, although it was a fairly large room, the rainbow that was projected went across the entire ceiling, it was actually larger and wider than I thought, and it was very clear and bright! We both loved it. I'd say it's as bright as shown in the pictures, and it really goes across the entire room. I only forgot to take some pictures otherwise I'd attach them here. Of course we had the lights in the room turned off (except for a table lamp) when we tried it. I think if you try it with all the lights on the rainbow would appear a little feeble, but same is true for almost all the projected images... This one is meant to be used at bed time, I guess most people would turn off the lights when they sleep, so it's really not a problem.

It takes 3 AA batteries if I remember correctly, I'm not sure how long the batteries would last so I can't comment on that. But at least functionality wise it's working perfectly for me.
on August 10, 2017
I ended up throwing it out when I moved and I can't even remember why I bought it BUT it was super cute and would be adorable in a child's room or in a classroom to teach children about light, rainbows, colors and so on. The different settings were cool. So yeah, teachers have at it.
on November 11, 2015
I got this for my 9 year old daughter as a birthday gift and after months of use, I asked her to rate it. She said she liked it overall and broke it down to pros and cons:
Pros: Neon colors, bright lights, great for nightlight, timer works great, sits nicely on flat surfaces, doesn't use batteries too fast if you use timer
Cons: Doesn't look much like a rainbow, reflects second rainbow below larger one that is dimmer and "looks weird"

Overall she likes it. It doesn't have an amazing or clear rainbow effect, so if that is what you want, you may be disappointed with this one. If you want a cool, multicolored nightlight with a timer, then this would be great for you.