Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Gears of War 3 Limited Edition (Official Strategy Guides (Bradygames))
Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 23, 2011
This is a beautifully-crafted 300+ page guide covering everything you need to know to play Gears of War 3. It has a hardback cover, and the silvery cog/skull/lancer art shines and reflects light when the book is held at certain angles. The logo extends across the spine to the back cover as well. The whole guide has gorgeous artwork throughout.

The book has an introduction to the main characters, weapons guide, enemy guide, campaign walkthrough with plenty of screenshots, multiplayer guide covering all modes, and multiplayer map breakdown. Some of the multiplayer tips are very useful, although Gears veterans will know most of it already. There is also an extensive appendix which covers all the game's unlockables, including collectibles, ribbons, medals, mutators, weapon skins, executions, characters, achievements, and avatar awards. There's even a list of the purchasable weapon skins.

The bonus content is very nice. There is a code to download a strategy video from Xbox Live Marketplace which covers act 1 of the campaign. You also get access to digital versions of the Gears of War and Gears of War 2 Bradygames guides, which are both huge. There is a nice 12-page preview of the Gears of War comic. I'm not even into comics, but I might have to check the Gears comics out after seeing this preview. There is also a physical soundtrack sampler CD, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Overall, this is an awesome guide. If you want help with the game, or you're just a fan who enjoys all things Gears, it is a worthy addition to your collection.
on January 22, 2013
First off.... Amazon.. you keep me coming back for more, great job, great buy !

Wow, I don't know why I waited so long to buy it, should of bought it the same day as I bought the System..
I know you already have ton's of info on the book so I won't bore you w/the details ..lol.. but here's my review,
H.B., White & platinum, wished it would of matched the Game colors., so any ways you know what it has, but not the
contents thats inside, 317pgs of pure awesome-ness, sorry, like all my other reviews I won't tell the contents of each
page or any major details, you gotta buy it, but I'll tell you it does give you all you'll need plus some for the game, its
well written, these books are getting better by BradyGames, they keep improving and adding things that enhancing
the guild's they make.
Oh.. at the end of the book you'll get a built in comic book "Special sneak preview of issue #19" & a disk, yes a disk
not a down load, for the sound track, its only a sampler tho, but worth the added content of the hole book IMO.
The only reason I gave this a 4.75 Stars and not 5 Stars, the book arrived a bit dinged up and a few small dents & one
crease along the bottom edge corner, so I'm giving it a 4.75, this does not reflect on my review of the book, witch I feel
is a 5 Star book, if I can find another one in mint shape, I might keep it in its plastic, for the shelf.
on May 28, 2017
Not a good copy of the book, super slow in shipping it... Bad all around...
on November 4, 2017
Added to my game collection, more history to the game...
on July 27, 2014
I've always been obsessive about knowing the in and outs of a game so I'd be sure not to miss anything. Since I was younger, Bradsgames has always been the go to company for organized, detailed and visually appealing guides.

This guide does not deviate from the standard. The outer feel of the hardback is a nice satin feel and as always Bradsgames provides all the needed information in a great manner.
on February 15, 2017
Great addition to my gears collection! Mine arrived sealed and in perfect condition.
on December 15, 2012
A good guide, was able to get a lot of achievements with the guide. I waited awhile till the price was lower.
on September 29, 2011
The Gears of War 3 strategy guide is a must have for anyone who is seriously passionate about the series. I have been playing the franchise since its release in 2006 and I find that this guide has given me new perspective on the game itself. The guide has a complete creature compendium, campaign/arcade walkthrough, overhead maps for campaign and multiplayer modes, breakdowns on different approaches to combat and even some tips that might not have been thought of when playing. The people who are familiar with the series will know a lot of the multiplayer strategies, but this will help a lot of beginner and intermediate players step up their game.

Very good buy for the money, would recommend to anyone who wishes to add another Gears related item to their collection. Bradygames did an excellent job on this guide. Very thorough.
on December 11, 2016
A must have and collectors item for every GOW fan
on June 6, 2014
I have got to say that this is an extremely nice book cover to cover. Very detailed book about everything you need to know about GOW3. I'm am highly pleased with my purchase. Definitely worth the price. Shipped very quickly also.