Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 12, 2010, 5:56:09 AM PDT
blazsox says:
I have had my order of the Complete Collection (blu) placed since the day the show ended, however as of late my finances have become a bit tight and am considering canceling my pre-order to pick this up at a later date.

Any chance what comes in this package here will be of limited production? Or will this be available for some time? I know it says Complete Collection and not Limited Edition, I just want to make sure that what is available here on day one is available at a later date (say early next year).

As a big LOST fan I don't want to miss out on any exclusive collectibles, but at the same time this LOST fan has to pay the bills.

Posted on Aug 12, 2010, 7:47:57 AM PDT
Unfortunetly there's been no indication either way. But that, to me, seems like it will NOT be a limited set. ABC and Buena Vista wouldn't pass up the chance to promote this as a Limited Edition if it were one.

So, there's no concrete answer. But, I'm willing to bet that if a Complete Series set is ever re-issued it will only contain MORE features/extras/swag rather than less. Gotta get those people who bought this to pony up again, right?

If you take a look at the other posts you'll find a way to get 15% off this set but it involves applying for the Amazon Store Card. I have my own thoughts on that but it does knock a good chunk off the price.

Good luck making your decision.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2010, 8:02:34 AM PDT
Romero says:
I'm in the same boat. A check I wrote was deposited twice (don't ask), so I'm forced to wait until a couple weeks at most.
My primary concern is that this doesn't sell out, and my secondary one is that it doesn't increase in price once it's released.

Posted on Aug 19, 2010, 3:40:42 PM PDT
Bouncy X says:
as others have said, if it was limited then it be a well known fact. it would have been mentioned in the press releases and news information on the multiple websites reporting it. this is just a regular general release that will always be available. so if it does sell out then dont worry, they will eventually receive more copies. honestly the only "complete collection" i've ever seen as limited was Batman The Animated Series and more recently Batman Beyond. other than those two, every other complete series set i see is always available.

some shows may be harder to find if they weren't released by a major studio or the set doesnt sell very well so they eventually stop. but this is Lost, its a HUGE show on a major network so only they make a list minute announcement, this will be readily available.

Posted on Aug 19, 2010, 5:25:46 PM PDT
E. Bogaerts says:
I would be willing to bet that somewhere down the line, the studio will release a bare-bones blu ray set (i.e. without all of the plastic "collectible" junk included).

Posted on Aug 19, 2010, 5:44:04 PM PDT
Romero says:
I remember when the Batman Complete Animated Series came out, it didn't say limited anywhere. Then when Amazon.com stopped selling them, people were confused.
Later Amazon.com stated the manufacturer stopped making them, but before they didn't get noticed. Good thing I got one before stock was fully depleted!

In any case, I'm not too fussed about not being able to pre-order this right now. At the worst, it'll take me a couple weeks at most to make my order, God willing.

Posted on Aug 20, 2010, 8:22:22 AM PDT
Davewise says:
I would agree with E. Bogaerts, I think the studio will produce this version for awhile but at some point in the future they will stop and re-release a version without the swag. It seems rare to me that sets with swag are sold indefinitely that way. Of course, even if that is the case there's no telling how long they'll sell this version.

Posted on Aug 20, 2010, 12:52:36 PM PDT
blazsox says:
While it looks like I got nothing to worry about when it comes to this being at all limited, I decided to simply jump on board and let my order go through. As a LOST fanatic I can't let any possibility (no matter how small) of me missing out on this. I normally don't get complete collections as usually it is all the TV box sets in one big box, but this is a unique one. I simply have to put off a few other orders is all.

Hoping FOX puts out some sort of unique 24 Complete Collection set - but knowing FOX they won't. They normally don't like giving the consumer more bang for their buck - just look at their Blu-Ray selection as it is - the DVD versions remain more valuable (supplement wise).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2010, 12:53:53 PM PDT
Bouncy X says:
there actually is a complete collection coming for 24. its coming out in december so happy day for you. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2010, 12:57:16 PM PDT
blazsox says:
Yea but is it just all the TV box sets in one or are they going the extra mile and throwing in some goodies? I already own all the seasons (except S8, not available yet), and will only buy a complete collection if it's more than just the box sets. Like with the LOST one coming in a replica of the island itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2010, 1:05:10 PM PDT
Bouncy X says:
details aren't out yet but i figure some press release should come within the next few weeks since we're hitting september soon. my guess is that it'll follow the usual pattern of throwing a bonus disc in there, more and more series seem to be doing this. and i'm sure the actual packaging will reflect something of the show, maybe the CTU building or something more cool. lol

as for actual physical extras, that seems to happen less often so i have no clue. but considering the show was still pretty popular enough and its whole connection to the modern technological world, wouldnt be surprised to see a few tech related goodies. like maybe a usb key in the shape of something from the show or something along those lines. of course this is all just guessing. lol

Posted on Aug 23, 2010, 2:34:50 PM PDT
M. Judkins says:
I hope they release a more bare bones version sometime later. I want all the disc content and the episode guide but I could do without the gigantic packaging and the toys.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2010, 2:37:01 PM PDT
Bouncy X says:
wouldnt be surprised if they eventually do. but even if not, the discs themselves come in their own little regular box that you can sit on a shelf. so you can put everything else away, including the pyramid like box that holds everything. the images do show it but there's a video out there that shows all the contents and you see the mini box more clearly.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2010, 1:52:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 24, 2010, 1:53:21 AM PDT
mgk says:
There are some signs for a higher limitation than expected: Blu-ray retailer Axelmusic just changed their listing on the complete blu-ray set from "On Order" to "Not Available". And the "limited" UK set won't be the same either and looks a little cheaper: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lEnAGoB7L._SS500_.jpg

So, even if amazon.com will probably get a lot more stock than most other retailers I wouldn't wait too long.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012, 9:20:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012, 9:21:46 AM PST
E. Marquez says:
Two years later..... So, looks like it was indeed a limited edition, right? it's not available anymore except from 3rd party sellers.. :(
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Aug 12, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about