Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 112 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 150 reviews
on September 3, 2013
This book combines excellent teaching, relevant scripture and a gripping personal stories to show us the depth of our Father's love & forgiveness. Gray encourages and compels us to embrace our position as an adopted son or daughter of God.

My wife, who is a Christian Counselor, states: "As a counselor, I find a large percentage of my clients have daddy issues and benefit greatly from walking through forgiveness. Gray's authentic telling of his experience with fatherlessness is one I wish all my clients could here. Gray's story is a living example of how God lovingly forgives us and invites us to be free from the chains of our past by forgiving others."
on July 10, 2014
The book, Limitless Life: You Are More than Your Past When God Holds Your Future, by Derwin L. Gray, has facilitated immense heart work and growth in my life.

I read this book through the Proverbs 31 Ministries Online Bible Study Program. We spent five weeks reading through the book, two chapters a week. All I can say is WOW.

Prior to reading this book, I really did not understand the level to which I had allowed labels to limit my life. The labels I felt most weighed down by? Afraid, Mess, Purposeless, Failure.

So many of us walk through life with labels: some labels have been placed on us by other people, some by circumstances, and some even by ourselves.

Limitless Life left me with a sense of freedom and resolve to live without limits, to walk within God's limitlessness. What a powerful place to find oneself!

I found myself underlining so many parts of this book and praying that the truth would stick on me instead of the labels I've experienced for so long. I also can't help but share the life-changing truths in this book: "Shame no longer limits me because Jesus' grace has liberated me" (Gray, Limitless Life, p. 100).

Limitless Life will walk you through overcoming the most prevalent, crippling labels by way of the Truth of God's Word.

This is the chapter breakdown:

1. From Afraid to Courageous
7. From Consumer to Contributor
8. From Purposeless to Purposeful
9. From Worker to Worshiper
10. From Failure to Faithful

If any of these labels resonate with you, or you want to see yourself living free from those labels, this book is a powerful must-read!

"I wonder how many people are sleepwalking through life? It is so limiting when we simply go through the motions and kind of just exist. Life is too short and you are too valuable to sleepwalk through life. It's time to wake up to the limitless life God has for you. Future generations are calling your name. They are pleading with you to wake up because the life you live today will affect their tomorrow...Jesus did not come to earth on a mission to make bad people good. He came to earth to make dead people alive through the gift of Himself" (Gray, Limitless Life, pp. 113-114).

The only reason I gave the book four stars was because I believe it could have been better written and perhaps better organized. And I wanted to give an honest review. However, there is so much truth to be gleaned from this book. It is definitely worth reading!
on June 12, 2014
I'm living a limitless life. Thanks and blessings to the author Derwin and his family. Because of this book I have been able to experience a revival. This book is being used for my online bible studies. He talks about going from religion to grace of God. And the very acceptance of God. From orphan to adopted unto God's family. This book has very good purpose for those looking to seek God who feel they haven't been loved and labeled by their past mistakes or present. You will recognize that God has turned you from messy, from damaged, to his masterpiece. From lost to found. And his transformation church ministry is a gift from God and the treasure is the birth of the book of the limitless life. It's biblical like other books. But the difference is his story of deliverance from pain to purpose of not being good enough was his label. And it didn't feel so good to not be good enough. So he was able to understand the very things he struggled with obstacles so
did his dad who started showing up at his football games who weren't always there. His dad had an addiction. It's what goes on in the world today. But his mission has hit accomplish. If you've been living that life of false labels that people have titled you with. Forgive them because your label became unlimited. There isn't nothing you can't do. This book is water to my soul. Life. Enjoy spiritual enrichment.
on November 15, 2013
Limitless Life-You Are More Than Your Past When God Holds Your Future. For starters... what a great title. So many of us (I believe all of us) live with the labels that we or this world brand us with. We have all had failures and disappointments. We have all felt inadequate and unwanted. We have all labeled ourselves in negative ways. We have all let others or society label us. The problem with all of that is that it has nothing to do with the way God sees us. Limitless Life shows us how God sees us. For those who have called upon Christ for salvation knowing that He is the only way for us to get to God; God sees us as his children. For the sons and daughters of God, when God looks at us He sees Jesus. God sees what Jesus did to give us life. Limitless Life goes on to say "Because of your union life with Jesus, God the Father loves you with the same intensity and passion that He loves Jesus" WOW! I have never though of God's love in that way before.

Limitless Life is tells stories of real people whose lives have been transformed by Jesus. Real people with broken lives. Real people who were far from God and living according to the labels that that were branded with. We see these lives changed and the old labels removed and new labels branded into their hearts.

Limitless Life is not just a book full of great ideas and interesting stories. It is so much more. Derwin backs up everything with scripture. Even better stated, he allows the bible to guide each chapter and thought. He digs deep into the faith of young David before he became King David. He shows the amazing relationship between the prodigal son and his father. All to show Gods undeniable love for us.

Limitless Life will challenge you to let go of the old labels that have been holding you back. It will challenge you to see yourself the way that God see you. I was personally challenged while reading this book. I was challenged to seek more opportunities to share the Gospel. Oddly enough while at Starbucks reading Limitless Life I was able to share Jesus with several people who approached me and asked "What is Limitless Life?" Talk about an opportunity.

As you may imagine, I highly recommend this book. Prepare to be challenged. Prepare to be changed. Prepare to identify and remove the old labels and replace them with God's labels.

God wants all of us to find our identity in Jesus.
on September 4, 2014
Pastor Gray is the lead pastor of Transformation church, the largest multiethnic church in America. He is a former football player turned pastor.

Limitless Life takes us through the labels that we carry that keep us from reaching our "limitless life" in God. Labels such as Divorced, Molested, Abandoned, Fatherless, Ugly, Fat, Fearful. Each chapter has personal stories and practical applications at the end of the chapter for next steps.

I did enjoy this book, it is at the opposite end of "Not a Fan" the last christian book I read. I thought his two strongest chapters were the one on being an addict (Chapter 2) and being a Contributor (Chapter 7).

Not the best Christian book, I've read, but one could do much worse. Gray is faithful to the gospel and obviously has a talent for writing.
on September 7, 2013
Throughout the book Derwin looks at the negative "soul-tattoos" that we have been labeled with and seeks to unpack what things God has said are true of us in His Word. When we are afraid, God has said we are courageous. When we are labeled as "Damaged Goods," God has called us trophies of Grace. And even when our lives are a mess, God has called each of us, "Masterpiece."

This book is a powerful look into what the Bible has to say about us. Jesus Christ paid too high a price for us to believe lies that will limit our lives. It is time for us embrace what God has called us to be and rip off the negative labels that have been ingrained on our hearts and souls for far too long. This book is definitely worth a read!
on January 25, 2014
I have been a Christian the majority of my life and this book touched my spirit in so many ways. To hear him talk about his NFL career being over, but during that time to realize God had BETTER plans for HIS life. It is not always about us, but what we can do to better God's kingdom. I also loved the fact that his vision is a multiethnic church. That is the real world and that is what heaven will look like. There is only 1 race, the human race. Loved this book and would highly recommend it for EVERYONE. Thank you Derwin for sharing your life with so many others and sharing Hope, Love, and Joy that only comes from Christ!! I was blessed so much by your book!
on April 18, 2014
We all have the choice to make our life, the gift from God, a beautiful story. We can learn so much from this book - we can choose to live in the past, with labels of shame, guilt, disgust, anger, and maybe some good things tossed in, allowing those labels to "rule our lives" and control our very being, or we can give our hearts to the Creator and let Him show us how much He loves us, flaws and all, and make a "message out of our mess" and go out and help others who have not learned this beautiful lesson. I encourage everybody to read this incredible book if you want a beautiful "future with God"!
on June 28, 2014
I read this book through a Bible Study through Proverbs 31 Ministries. So many of us have experienced "labels", and other influences of society that have shaped us. Pastor Derwin Gray teaches us through his book that these things don't have to define us. I don't want to give too much away, but definitely a great read. You can also go to You tube and there are videos to hear him speak on chapters, or go to Proverbs 31 Ministries and look at their Bible study archives and follow them as they guide you through the chapters. Definitely can be a life changing book!
on November 27, 2014
I "highlighted" nearly every page in this book. It is filled with deep spiritual truths, clearly and beautifully expressed. You will be blessed as our Lord is glorified in these pages.