Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LimoStudio Acrylic Black & White Reflective Display Table Riser for Product Table Top Photography, AGG835
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on March 7, 2015
Ok. In defense of LimoStudio's use of an acrylic manufacturer that uses a paper protection liner there is really nothing they can do about changing their product as this is standard practice in the sheeted plastics industry. Acrylic manufacturers use a paper protection liner to protect the product in shipping. These manufacturers ship 4'x8' sheets of the acrylic plastic in 250-500 sheet count pallets. Without the paper protection liner there is a high probability that the sheet would get scratched in the manufacturing process or in the shipping process due to friction between the sheets while they are stacked on the pallet. LimoStudio gets the sheets this way and CNC routes the sheet to the size you get in this kit.

With that said here is the "secret" to removing the paper liner in one piece. To start, get a starter edge going by peeling up a 1/4" by 1" wide piece of the paper at one of the corners. Second, grab your favorite hair dryer and gently warm the surface of the paper by quickly moving the hair dryer (try the low setting first) over the entire surface of the paper to warm up the glue on (underneath) the paper. Warming the paper will take a minute or so. Don't get the paper hot or you will stand the chance of damaging the plastic. Third, start at the corner where you got your starter edge going and peel the paper back towards the center of the piece and work this edge from the outside edges (corners to center) of the piece towards the center of the piece. When the paper is warm (and hence the glue on its backing) you can definitely feel the ease in which the paper can be pulled off. If the paper wants to tear or you feel a change in the force required to peel the paper, warm that area up again with the hair dryer. By working from the outside towards the center, the paper will come off in 1 piece every time.

By following this method, I was able to remove all 4 sides of the paper in 1 piece with a couple of small 1/4" tears. Heat is your friend in this case and with a little practice, you will have no problems in duplicating my success.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 25, 2016
I recently got a 17" x 17" portable photo studio and wanted a reflective surface to add depth to jewelry and craft photos. This 11.8" x 11.8" set of black and white acrylic risers fit inside my studio perfectly and they're working out very well. They come with protective paper covering that's a bit hard to remove, but it will come off easier if you use a hair dryer. The photo below was taken using the black riser. I'm very pleased with these risers and would definitely recommend them.

Update - I've been using these for a little over three months and the black riser has lots of fine scratches. Be very careful when handling these and don't stack the white one on top of the black one or you will wind up with lots of scratches too. Be careful when wiping off fingerprints or smudges because that can scratch these as well. They scratch very easily, but they're still the best I've found so far.
review image
on April 20, 2016
I really like these especially when used with Aperous Photo Studio Light Box Tent Kit / LED Lighting / Portable / 17" x 17" Cube Photography Light Box. the reason I give 4 stars is because they scratch very easily so if I put a lot of products on them I'm worried that in the future you may start to see the scratches ... The picture is the black acrylic inside the aperous light box with the white backdrop. I'm very pleased with the outcome! This is unedited straight from my camera
review image
on April 21, 2015
Well, not sure what happened. Maybe I just got a bad batch or something? Mine was not black or white, just a cardboard color. In fact, the only acrylic parts were the small legs on the bottom, where there were black corners. On top of one of the tables, there were even large letters, as if the manufacturer of the board had its marking left on! I thought I might be able to make the best of it and put backgrounds from a softbox tent on them, but not possible if I need the backgrounds at the time. I ended sending back and getting a refund. They did pay postage back though and refund swiftly, so no complaints on customer service at all. I just ordered some from another company, so I'll see how that goes.
on March 19, 2013
It does it's intended job, but the surface scratches EASILY. Even slightly moving a piece of glass a quarter of an inch left a noticable mark. Not a bad item to pick up, but just be extremely careful when positioning your items.
on March 10, 2014
I like the risers though after using them for several months I am disappointed in how easily they are scratched. I've had to spend extra time photo-shopping the scratches out which can be time consuming. I suggest only using with soft items that have zero sharp edges/corners etc and/or to add tiny felt bottoms to props that could cause scratches.
on June 24, 2016
Product came dented and the quality is not good. One of the legs already broke on the first day. I do not recommend buying this product, just go the hardware store and buy your own Acrylic. At least​ you will be able to see the quality before your purchase the product.
on June 6, 2013
They work as intended. I had to super glue one of the legs on though because I received it with a leg off. They also attract lint like crazy so I use some lint free cloth to help fight against that. It works though and makes some photos look pretty sharp!
on January 29, 2014
There's not much to say here and not much to fault about these acrylic tables. They are great to take pictures and are easy to clean if you get something on them accidentally. I wish that both the black and the white had the option of using the legs, but only the black surface comes with legs. Overall, this has been extremely useful and I would probably buy one again. Makes taking pictures of my buttons so much easier, a lot less time spent in photoshop now that I have these.
on July 16, 2013
The riser is low enough to permit tall vases to be photographed in the light box. Having two different surfaces (white and black) allows for the best possible reflective surface for the object.