Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 505 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 519 reviews
on March 22, 2016
 Bought this about a week ago, didn't expect it to be this good.

I wrote a review with photos, so you can get a look at what you're buying: [...]
Here is a little video I made of the setup: [...]
33 comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2015
The light is very bright the light bulb is bigger then my 3 year old sons head lol it's a very good light I'm happy with my purchase it gets the job done
review image review image review image
on July 30, 2015
Awesome light for the money! Worked perfect as the finishing touch I needed for even lighting! I bought a second one in addition to this one! Very happy with this purchase!
22 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2016
I'm new to photography, especially studio photography but this light made me feel much more confident. I've used it for myself, my family and for product photography. I have no complaints. Putting it together and taking it down was a breeze.
on June 4, 2014
I bought this softbox to help provide more light when I film simple videos for youtube. I am completely happy with the purchase, it was delivered quickly and very easy to assemble. It provides a good quality of even light which makes filming at night much easier. Overall a great product for the price - I would highly recommend it.
on April 11, 2015
This is good for someone starting out in photography / youtube.
I use this for youtube and photographing products for my blog.
Serves it purpose extremely well for that, it loses a star only because
I feel the hardware could have been constructed better.

THINGS TO NOTE:
- The umbrella is hard to break down if you need to store it, I leave it set up though.
- The cord is short, you will need an extension cord
- The light does get a little warm after about 20 minutes.
- The hardware/knobs are cheap but sturdy. I would still suggest you be careful with it if you want this to last long.
- The angle adjustment on the umbrella isn't fantastic, but it works for slight adjustments just fine.
- You may want to get another to use as a fill light to eliminate shadows (for vlogging). The light is quite bright.

Again, it works extremely well for amateur purposes.
on April 6, 2015
So excited to receive this. I'm a makeup artist and was looking for a cheap alternative to the Diva ring light. I needed something to provide bright enough, daylight-like light for makeup applications in poorly lit indoor areas. This gives the perfect bright, yet soft light and folds down small enough to travel with. The "soft light" cover seems to be made pretty cheaply. I can see its possible the velcro attachments may start to come lose, but nothing that couldn't be easily remedied. I don't care what the light looks like if it does the job. Knowing nothing about professional lighting, a few things I learned: The carrying case only holds the "umbrella" part. The light bulb is huge! I saw the pictures and assumed it was normal bulb size. It's more like an outdoor spotlight size. In fact, the whole setup is larger than I pictured. (Not a bad thing.) The cord is comparatively quite short. Overall, for the price, it's perfect and I can't wait to use it with all my clients!
on January 11, 2016
Just opened and started using my new light. It's great for my purposes. It is very light weight which may not work as well in a professional studio setting. I use it take pictures of clothing and I always end up working at night in my basement with yellow can lights. This has made such a huge difference in my color capture!
on July 28, 2016
I have been using this for about 3 weeks now when photographing clothing for my online shop and am very happy so far. I live in a 50's house with NO ceiling lights and it is impossible to get true-to-color photos even with a dozen table lamps and all the curtains open. This light has saved me a lot of time in editing! The only minor issue I've noticed is when it is extended to full height, the light/umbrella is (of course) a bit top heavy. I wish the tripod legs were longer or were able to flatten out a bit more.. Not much of a problem unless it is bumped, but I would suggest you keep that in mind if you have children or pets running around. I just place my coffee table in front of it to be safe. Overall I am very happy with this set and would recommend it for simple at-home use. I included a comparison photo, both were taken with my cell phone. With flash vs. no flash/LimoStudio Light only.
on October 17, 2012
Honestly I was not expecting this product to be as good as it is. A few thing to consider before buying. First, the plastic connection of the lamp to the stand can be tightened all the way to get a snug fit but I would not recommend this as it is plastic and may crack. Remember that this light only needs to only have a connection to the stand so the light wont get knocked off the stand, it does not need to be extremely tight. So it works perfectly in my eyes because it is not a heavy light. Second, the cord is about five feet long and you will need to use an extension cord if your not right up against an outlet. Third, the light that comes with it is a cool colored tint, in my Canon 7D it registers at or about 5600K. The bulb is a 105w CFL and is really bright especially when used with others. I purchased a 3200K bulb as well and it its perfect for what I want. You may get into a situation where the bulb cost more than the whole set up but it is worth it if you want a verity of different bulbs and higher watt output. Fourth, the diffuser is very thin but it gets the job done and looks good. For the price of this product its unbelievable. Now for the quality of the umbrella its self. The product pops out just like a regular umbrella would and its an excellent reflector. Its very quick and easy to set up and doesn't look cheap. The only down fall is that you must take out the bulb out every time you want to put it away but if you buy a cheap case on here for the bulb it solves your problem. This product also come with a little bag, its not the best bag in the world but it does its job well enough, looks good, and im not replacing it so thats that. I ordered on a Friday night and it was at my door Monday afternoon. I would recommend this product and I hope you have a good experience like I did. Happy shopping!
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse