Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 67 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on June 26, 2013
I was shopping for a photo tent light set when I found this kit on Amazon. The price was great. This is a 30" tent which can accommodate large objects. I was impressed with the shipping box. Everything was well packed and protected. The kit includes the 30" collapsible tent with case, two light stands with 45 watt 8K bulbs, insert backgrounds for the tent in blue, black, red and white. Setup is easy. The tent unfolds. The light stands are well built and of heavier construction than I expected. If you are clumsy, have kids, cats or other pets with access to the photo tent area use caution around the lights. They are top heavy when the lamps are installed. The lamps project well beyond the protection of the lamp holder so can be broken easily if the stand falls over.

The only complaint I have about using this kit is that two lights isn't enough. It's hard to get enough lumens from 45W lamps. Larger lamps could be used, but heat becomes a problem and there could be a fire hazard. When LED lamps become strong enough and cheap enough they would be a great option. With that being said, the pictures I achieved using the two lamps were very successful. I was pleased with the results.

The directions that come with the kit attempt to describe the folding process for the tent. I could not get the tent to fold using those directions. There is an excellent YouTube video that makes folding the tent a very simple 5 second procedure.

Overall, this kit is a great value for anyone requiring a good portable studio.
on February 18, 2014
The tent is large enough to fit anything I needed to photograph. The two lights are really well made, much more stable than I expected. You need to steam it all before photographing things but you'd need to do that regardless, The material responds well to a hand held steamer. I got all the photos for my web business done quickly and looking almost professional with this set up. The vendor packed it well, shipped quickly and it was exactly as described.
on March 25, 2013
Pros- great lighting, fast delivery, extra backdrop options (different colors), easy setup. nice travel case.
Cons-one of my white backdrops had a big stain on it, maybe they noticed because they included and extra white backdrop so that helped the problem.

Another thing, the backdrops come folded and are extremely wrinkled which comes out in my pictures. I'm not sure what to do, if I should iron it or put in the dryer for a few minutes. It's not regular fabric and I don't want it to melt.

I have to do a lot of Photoshop work to make the wrinkles disappear in my photos :(

Other than the wrinkles, im very satisfied with the product, it's much larger than i expected which is always a plus.
on January 24, 2016
I needed a light studio to take pictures for selling my art on Etsy to provide a consistent backdrop for my shop.

Pros:
This is a great size for using on my tabletop.
Love that there are different backdrop colors - but I primarily use only the white.
Collapsible to store underneath the bed and only get it out when needed.
Nice even diffused lighting provided.

Cons:
Buyer beware ... these lights tip over SUPER easily. The bulbs are way to heavy for the construction of the lamps. Even bumping the cord can cause the lamp to tip and the bulb to shatter. I had one lamp to tip and the bulb broke away from it's base but didn't shatter luckily. I would never use these where children might be present.

If you can be very diligent about using extra caution with the lamps, then the photo studio is worth it. If you are a klutz - buy another one or plan to replace the bulbs with a smaller, lighter weight option.
on June 5, 2015
I really like this product. The tent is huge! I did not try with the lights yet, only because I accidentally broke my bulbs (they are quite fragile) and had to get new ones, but an assignment in school was due before I could get them here. But, I took it outside for some natural light and used a tripod and low shutter speed, and it worked out quite well. SO, be careful of jerking your lights around. I know I have to rig a better system of extension cords up so that there is no chance they tip over. The bulbs stick out, so can easily break. I now have four good ones, not too expensive at all as I had expected (but haven't had chance to use yet).You can iron these backgrounds on cotton setting and it goes smoothly and quickly.
on September 10, 2014
My photos are so much better now! I am so very glad that I took the advice of other reviewers and purchased this LimoStudio Light Tent Kit. I sell items online and good photos are everything. The tent is good quality and just right for my needs. The light stands are very sturdy. The lights are bright and most importantly, the black metal cone housing the light bulbs does not get too hot to the touch, even after the lights have been on for over an hour. No fire worries. My kit included one item which had a ripped seam. Since there was a card to contact customer service if there was a problem. I emailed and found Kim @ juliusworldmart2 to be very quick and responsive to my request for a substitute. I received a new black cloth soon after my email. Overall, if you need good photos for anything, this kit is a quality item worth your purchase, with good customer service from the manufacturer. I would certainly buy another LimoStudio item in the future.
on November 26, 2014
Great stuff. My only qualm was that the bulbs were also rated as 110V but thats my fault for not having noticed it earlier. The 1 star short is not for that but the fact that even after a stabilizer and a step down transformed, the bulb barely lasted a week! =(
Ordered for 4 more replacement bulbs to continue using it.

The tent meanwhile only looks flimsy and weak. But for the application intended it is near damn perfect. Just be careful about the bulbs but otherwise worth the buy.
This does the trick and it's big enough that I can take pictures of smaller objects that I sew. I wish that it had instructions on how to best use it, and also the velcro to hang the backdrops really isn't placed correctly (unless I'm doing it wrong) for the backdrops to lay flat properly when photographing. The backdrops do get wrinkly- especially the white- from the packaging. I couldn't really get the white to dewrinkle with my steam cleaner so I may need to try an iron... just afraid to iron these. The others dewrinkled with the steam cleaner no problem. I hung them up on my wall so they won't get wrinkled again... it would be helpful if they had a hook to hang them with. I used mitten clips and hooks to hang mine.

Regardless of the drawbacks, I felt this set was really great for the price.
on October 23, 2015
Basically, the tent, fabric, light stands were all as described. MY issue was in the lights themselves.
The reflector was way too short to control the light.....matter of fact, the base of the bulb was almost
outside of the reflector. This means that the light given off the reflector shape was none. The light given
off by the bulb basically is going everywhere...to which what goes in the tent is minimal. Placing the bulb
up against the tent material gave some light...but not the amount it should had the reflectors were able to
do their job....making me have to choose either different lighting....or higher ISO's. So I returned the items.
on April 21, 2014
This is a great value for what you get. The light stands are actually really well made and can handle some pretty intense bulbs. The bulbs they sent you are HUGE and as you can see from the photo, extend beyond the length of the reflector. Within 30 mins of setting up everything, I knocked over a stand and my bulb broke. I then went out and bought some 250W bulbs (at $4 each) and they're MUCH brighter than the ones they send you. I also ended up buying another light stand and reflector so I could have overhead light, but for the price, this is a really good product.