Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on October 10, 2013
This set up is great for the hobbyist. Please don't expect professional grade quality. The intensity of the lights is not adjustable. There are no modeling lights. They are simply on or off. There is no remote trigger system. All that said, they serve their purpose of making portraits that your friends might think were professionally done in a studio. Watch a few youtube videos on how you should place your lights and you'll be even happier with the results.
on September 24, 2015
Cheaply made but effective enough. I use items like this in combination with other lights. You can use these effectively with longer lasting LED bulbs as well. I would not recommend these as your only source of lighting but they work in a pinch or as secondary lights. I mainly needed a few cheep stands but decided I could use a few extra muslin backdrops and light sockets, which this kit provides at a decent price.
As long as you're not expecting the most top notch materials you won't be disappointed by this set up, although I haven't used the backdrop frame yet. The light stands. while light duty with plastic tightening wing nuts, adjust well and the umbrellas seem well built. The lights that come with it are not very bright so getting at least a pair of 85 watters is definitely a recommended minimum unless you are just using them as fill lights.
on August 26, 2013
I need a light kit to carry around for professional shoots. THIS IS IT! For the price I am EXTREMELY happy!
on November 22, 2014
I am kinda disappointed in the back drops. The wrinkle really easily and makes it tough to not have wrinkles show in pictures. The lighting system is great. I would recommend spending more money and getting vinyl back drops.
on November 25, 2013
Great set up. One of the legs for the lighting came defective. I called the company and within days received another working leg for the lighting. The lights are great for shooting video. Please note that this is not a strobe unit... I would have given 5 stars if the unit didn't initially arrive with the defective leg.
on December 19, 2013
I purchased this kit to take better pictures of the animals at my local shelter. The lighting and backdrop frame work well. The backdrop cloth is thin and wrinkles easily. I just use fleece or velet backdrops.
on October 14, 2013
Packaging was not quite what I expected, little less on the individual pieces. The quality of the merchandise was what I expected.
on March 12, 2014
This has worked wonderful for me to take pictures of my granddaughter with. It was getting too expensive to visit the portrait studios and now I can get the studio pictures that I want and don't feel rushed when taking pictures or the pressure of trying to pick out which pictures I want. Now I just print them all if I want. It is a little flimsy but for the price I didn't expect more. You just have to be careful as not to knock the stands over. They are pretty nice for the price and I would recommend them to anyone!
on March 8, 2014
Everything was what I had expected except the lights. I am using the whole set up, but I have opted to use my 430EX ii with wireless triggers instead. It is much, much brighter. I was actually getting more light from (2) 150w tungsten bulbs. They are sufficient for product photography. I have used the setup several times for this.