Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 71 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on February 11, 2015
I ordered this after reading a number of good reviews on the product. It arrived on a Monday and I had corporate head shots that I needed to take the next day. I opened and looked over the item in some detail but didn't put the entire thing together before using it for the first time. I did discover on first inspection that the cross bar was bent in such a way that the two tubes could not connect. My husband hammered it out with a hammer and it worked well enough. Then, when I got to the site to set up the next day, one of the stands literally fell apart. Springs were coming out of the tubes, these metal clips that were needed to make the stand stay in the position you selected fell out and thus the stand would not stay at the height you wanted. It was flimsy as all get out. The other stand was functional but the plastic ring around the base of the stand was cracked in half. It was shocking how poorly made this thing was. I would not recommend it by a long shot.
on March 7, 2011
I purchased this through ToddsTravelPhotos.com with 2 day shipping but got it next day (thank you ToddsTravelPhotos.com). I originally bought the background stands from Cowboy Studio but was not happy at all with them. Then I got these, and tell you what. A huge quality difference. Stands were much sturdier and better made all the parts look very nice and are very well constructed. My favorite feature is that the crossbar for the background telescopes from 6-12 ft. and the stands double as light stands. The bag was also a very nice surprise as I was expecting a cheaply made bag similar to the one i got with my Cowboy Studio set but to my surprise, this one was very well made. I am very impressed with the quality of Linco Products and will be buying many more of there products. I don't think you'll find anything close to this that is this well made in this price range.

*UPDATE*

Since 03-07-2011 and it is now 07-09-2013 and this Background support system is still working just like NEW. The bag has held up without any tears (and it has been to quite a few places in over 2 years :)). Great Job Linco!!!
on December 14, 2011
I'm very impressed with this system. The quality of both the stands and the carrying case are very high. The crossbar seems a little flimsy when fully extended but I guess anything more rigid would probably require heavier material and more weight to lug around.

The major selling point for me was that the stands which the crossbar sits on double as regular 10-foot light stands. This makes for many more options given the limited budget that my photo "hobby" is relying on. The legs on the stands are actually a little wider than you would expect for a regular 10-foot light stand so it might cause space issues but if used outdoors, it keeps your modifiers from sailing away as quickly when it gets windy.

The only other thing to note is that the two sections of crossbar must both be used. In other words, there are two three-foot crossbar pieces that clip together and it is not possible to use just one crossbar piece for a background in the 3-6 foot range. All this means is that your minimum width needed to set this up is somewhere around 7 feet (Although you could probably modify one of the crossbar pieces really easily if you need a narrower footprint.)
on March 12, 2016
Not what they used to be. Cheap plastic and poor craftsmanship. I bought these because I had a set that lasted for years. Unfortunately the newer models are built much cheaper. The plastic cracks and the screws come apart after 1 or two uses. Look elsewhere if your looking for quality!
The seller responded by asking for pictures, I sent them and haven't heard back it's been a few weeks now.
on April 20, 2017
I love these. They're very heavy duty, and are easy to set up and take down. The bag is well made and easy to carry.
on January 30, 2013
I had these for about a month now. They are very quick to setup, even with one person and with the proper backdrops, even easier. The stands are spring loaded. So, be careful when you release them the first time. They won't shoot through the ceiling are anything crazy. They will just pop out or up a few inches. The legs are easy to open. The included transport bag has an individual pouch sewn inside, which is used to store the crossbar. it also has a little pouch on the outside, with a velcro fastener. I keep my backdrop holder clips in there.

If you purchase the back drops with the loops already sewn in, very easy to slide the cross bar in. Therefore, you won't have to store additional clips for the backdrop.

If you open the top crossbar to it's entire length. It will sag a little, but it's not noticeable, is you use Linco 4216 Backdrop Holder Clips - Set of 8 and a 10 x 20 ft. Photo Studio White Muslin Backdrop + 10 x 10 ft. NEW Muslin Protector Kit.

I'm very happy with this support system and it easily supports the 10' x 20' backdrops.
on January 21, 2012
This stand is great. The case is very nice, and has an insert to hold the cross bar. The two stands are then placed on either side of the insert. There is a small pocket to hold clamps and other stuff on the outside.

The stands are sturdy and seem to be pretty high quality. They are spring cushioned, so you still need to be careful of dropping them too fast. They also are lightstands, with the proper fitting on top, so you can use them. The footprint of the stand legs is kinda large, but this is also what makes it sturdy.

The cross bar consists of 2 extendable pieces that lock together with a typical push button connecting the two. There is a little screw lock on either end that connects to the stands. Overall there is a little bit of give in the middle, but it's acceptable. This would probably also depend on how wide you place the stands.

Overall I am impressed. I've only used it with a bedsheet so far and had no problems.
on April 1, 2014
I purchased the item to hold some accessories etc. for a photoshoot I am doing. The minute I tired to extend the stands (both of them) peices started falling out of where you tighten the poles. Then I couldn't get the pieces to go back in and the poles would not stay up. In fact every time I would try to extend the poles, the poles would come completely out. They would not stay up and I hadn't even hung anything on it. The poles over all felt sturdy and the carrying bag was nice but the overall quality was poor. I am returning this support system and going with another one. I have a Manfrotto Background Support System that I use mostly for backdrops etc. but was hoping to get something cheaper that would hole some scarves and accessories.
on November 27, 2012
I took a chance buying this kit because I didn't want to spend $150 on stands. I was a little bit nervous about it but when I opened it I was surprised. It arrived super fast and is super sturdy and Its got a really wide food print. The carrying case it really well built, is water resistant and keeps the stands separated. It even has a velcro pouch to hold your clamps in. I use the 107in and 53in savage seamless paper on this and it holds the paper up without any issues. The crossbar locks into place in the center and at the end of each stand. If you were to use one of the stands to hold up a studio strobe ( in my case an Alien Bee B800 ) it would do it no problem. Im sure you could even use a westcott boom + beauty dish with this thing which I plan on doing. If you're not trying to spend $$$ for a seamless stand this is your kit.
on May 22, 2012
Based on the rave reviews on this background stand, I decided to make the purchase and am pleased to say it has exceeded my expectations. All components are very well made and appear quite durable -- it's a heavy kit overall, which speaks to the durability of the metal. The span pole is in 2 sections, each of which expands with a twist lock, and they are held together with a locking lever -- much better design than the normal 4-piece half twist grooves you see on most cheaper kits and these sections break down to be shorter than my single expanding 10' poll. The kit breaks down to a rather compact case that's much flatter than I expected. Very pleased with everything so far and I expect this kit to last me for a very long time.