Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 6,687 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9,487 reviews
on September 21, 2017
Remember this book is historical fiction and not history. I found this book interesting and I even learned some things. But I have heard people discussing this book as actual history. It is definitely fiction.
on September 13, 2017
This is a really good book and gives a lot of insight into John Wilkes Booth and the conspiracy he tried to create. It also give a lot of insight into the Civil War and generals Lee and Grant.
on September 18, 2017
Interesting book. Provided some background regarding the principal characters involved with the assassination of Lincoln and the additional targets of assault and death (Grant, Seward and others).
on September 24, 2013
I came away disappointed in this book because I felt that, given the volume of research material available, the authors could have provided much more of a backstory to the issues that motivate men like Booth to be driven to achieve such an ignominious act. I understand the probable motivation to "keep it simple" derives from the desire to maximize the reading audience as well as to attract young people to history, but challenging the reader with opportunities to do further research on their own on such a controversial series of events may have created future history teachers and/or deep thinkers in the process. Additionally, I felt that the authors could have provided more insight to why/how it came to be that not much of the backstory behind the "plot" details made it's way into the reader of general knowledge until only recently, and not into the history books at all.
on September 16, 2017
A very compelling documentation, told like a story, of the events leading up to the assassination of President Lincoln. As always, O'Reilly and Dugard write very effectively, making it these topics all the more interesting. Looking forward to reading more in the "Killing" series.
on August 31, 2017
The storytelling is gripping...a real page turner. It is a great way to learn the history of the Civil War, Lincoln, and other historical characters.
on June 28, 2017
Bill O'Reilly hits it out of the park with this book. Makes history interesting and informative.
on June 1, 2017
Well written in a dramatic style, with details I was not previously familiar with. Puts the time period into perspective with a balance approach to the subject matter.
on August 26, 2014
This book was incredibly written. I love Abraham Lincoln. I learned more from this book than any other I've read. I loved the way O'Reilly wrote it - how he laid it right out -all the information. It answered all my questions and my husband loved it also. I wish I could have known President Lincoln...he's a great man in my eyes.
on March 25, 2017
Great book. I found it very interesting. Learned a lot about Lincoln and the works of government in that time frame. I have bought several of his books. Love them.