Hi. Thanks for stopping by. After many years in Chicago, I traded in my snow boots for rain boots and moved to the Pacific Northwest, out on the Olympic Peninsula. My Maltese Dotty gets curly when she's wet, and since her tummy isn't far above the grass, she's wet a lot.
I write a monthly column for our local paper and I'm a co-founder of Olympic Peninsula Authors, a group that promotes the many fine writers living out here in the back of beyond.
Now then. I think I'll sit back with a strong cup of coffee and tell you about my books. Here goes:
* LESSONS OF EVIL was my first novel, written because trauma survivors are punished once by the trauma, then a second time by being misunderstood. It scared me to write this book, and it will give you a few jitters, too.
* My parents and my husband died in assisted care facilities, so I claim an unrivaled record for placing my butt in those hard visitor chairs. I've seen the ins and outs of the elder care world. FUN HOUSE CHRONICLES offers earthy guidance to anyone facing tough decisions for themselves or their loved ones.
* BEAR IN MIND is the first in my mystery series, appearing now on Kindle and in print. HARD TO BEAR and BEAR AT SEA star the same feisty group of seniors who stand tall on their walkers and canes to fight crime that as baffled others. BEAR CLAUS has just joined the gang, too ... It's a holiday novella to brighten the season. As long as you folks keep on liking the Bear Jacob mysteries, I'll keep writing them.
* A TIME OF SECRETS is a suspense novel set in Hawaii. I have loved the Big Island for decades, having first visited it before it was even a state. This book is a dark mystery set against the lifestyle, quirky humor, and culture of a native village.
* I'm currently developing a magical reality novel called THE SLIGHTLY ALTERED HISTORY OF CASCADIA. It's a fantasy with action, fun, lust and fear ... and, yes, a message.
I love to hear from readers. Feel free to drop me a note at email@example.com.