Hi. Thanks for stopping by. I live in the Pacific Northwest, out on the Olympic Peninsula. The most valuable thing in my wardrobe may be my rain boots. My Maltese Dotty gets curly when she's wet, and since her tummy isn't far above the grass, she's wet a lot.
Now then. I think I'll sit back with a strong cup of coffee and tell you about my books. Here goes:
* LESSONS OF EVIL was my first novel, written because trauma survivors are punished once by the trauma, then a second time by being misunderstood. It scared me to write this book, and it will give you a few jitters, too.
* My parents and my husband died in assisted care facilities, so I claim an unrivaled record for placing my butt in those hard visitor chairs. I've seen the ins and outs of the elder care world. FUN HOUSE CHRONICLES offers earthy guidance to anyone facing tough decisions for themselves or their loved ones.
* BEAR IN MIND is the first in my mystery series, appearing now on Kindle Select. It's a return of the Fun House gang, this time solving a very ominous mystery. The second in the series, HARD TO BEAR, has just been added, as well. As long as you folks keep on liking Bear Jacob mysteries, I'll keep writing them. Which is why BEAR CLAUS has just joined the gang. It is a holiday novella to brighten the season.
* A TIME OF SECRETS is a suspense novel set in Hawaii. I have loved the Big Island for decades, having first visited it before it was even a state. This book is a dark mystery set against the lifestyle, quirky humor, and culture of a native village.
* I'm currently developing a series of novellas called the CASCADIAN VENTURES. These are fantasies with action, fun, fear ... and, yes, a message. The first in the series is JIM BOWIE AND THE GODDESS OF LUST.
I love to hear from readers. Feel free to drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.