Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Linda Mccartney's Home Cooking
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 24, 2007
I lost my first cookbook and intro to vegetarian cooking by Linda in a divorce. It took some time to replace. I absolutely love her receipes. Thanks to Linda McCartney (may she rest in peace)and her cookbook, it was an easy transition into the vegetarian eating style.
on November 18, 2014
This is hands down the best vegetarian cookbook I've ever found. Recipes are easyto follow, majority of ingredients can be found easily in regular grocery stores (in the instance of specialty items, Linda points out where to buy or substitutions you can use). These are the most delicious vegetarian recipes I've found by far. Highly recommended!
on December 19, 2011
First, unlike most specialty cookbooks, this one doesn't require exotic spices or anything you couldn't find at your local grocery. I have tried the Italian Sausage from Morning Star, as I wanted to try an old recipe of sausages and peppers, and I honestly could not taste any difference. I will say that the sausages are not as plump as Johnsonville Italian Sausage, but I think they were actually cheaper. TVP, which she mentions a lot, stands for textured vegetable protein. There is also a ground hamburger substitute (Boca) that I believe is roughly the same price as regular hamburger. I plan on trying this next, if only for spaghetti meatballs.
If your single, busy, and don't have time to spend hours cooking, this is for you. The recipes are simple and not time consuming.
on February 16, 2012
I recieved Linda McCartney's Home Cooking and read it from cover to cover. There are so many good recipes in this cookbook that I can hardly wait to try them. A couple of my friends looked through this cookbook and picked out the ones they want me to make. So good. So yummy. Thank you
on April 30, 2014
I've got all of Linda's books now, culminating in the one "Tour: 200 dishes from around the world.' Boy, she really had a grip on great food, taste, ease of cooking, and health in her family by showing them, "No, we're NOT going to eat our lambs." When this book first came out, I got it and she is the one who taught me, "you don't need meat to make it taste good."

Her daughter, Mary, has come out with a book of her own, "Food," and it's clear "like mother like daughter." I had to get that one, too, although her 'mum's' recipes are repeated here and there.

If you're new to vegetarian cooking, I strongly recommend this book. Then move on to Linda's other cookbooks. You won't be sorry. To this day, my husband would swear some of my (Linda's) meals have meat and he loves them. HA!

Miss you, Linda, but we're keeping you alive here by cooking up your recipes!
on December 30, 2014
I have had this book forever. This time I bought a copy for my favorite cousin, and she is thrilled. Linda McCartney was a wonderful cook, and I am so very happy she shared what she knew with the rest of us. I was thrilled to find a copy and for a good price. I will always look for Linda McCartney's books to give as gifts!
on April 24, 2013
I really enjoyed the recipes. I will use it for many years to come. THank you Linda for a great cookbook!
on May 22, 2007
The dishes are well-explained and easy to follow. While we are not vegetarians, we do like to occasionally eat vegetable-only dinners as a change-of-pace. The recipes we have tried have been delicious.

I heartily, no pun intended, recommend this for anyone who enjoys an interesting, and probably different, taste offering to one's palate.

Bon appetite.

The transaction was a beeze as well.
on March 1, 2013
The book arrived in a timely manner. The ricipes look delicious although I haven't made any yet. I must say that the price of the textured vegetable "meat" she uses is very expensive. I think I'll use a different meat substitute.
on June 29, 2015
I mainly bought this because I love Paul McCartney as well as his relationship with
now deceased Linda McCartney. I also wanted to become vegan and who better to
learn from than The McCartney's themselves?

She writes so well and puts recipes in ways that anyone could understand.
Very affordable , very rich .

May she rest in peace.