- Series: Lineman's & Cableman's Handbook
- Hardcover: 1024 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional; 11 edition (August 16, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071467890
- ISBN-13: 978-0071467896
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1.7 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 11 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #624,846 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Lineman and Cableman's Handbook (Lineman's & Cableman's Handbook) 11th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
"Children of Blood and Bone"
Tomi Adeyemi conjures a stunning world of dark magic and danger in her West African-inspired fantasy debut. Pre-order today
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
The Only Comprehensive Guide to Distribution and Transmission Line Technology -- Updated with New NEC Rules and Technical Advances
First published in 1928, The Lineman's and Cableman's Handbook has shown generations of line and cable workers how to construct, operate, and maintain electrical transmission and distribution lines, both overhead and underground. Now updated for today’s professionals, the new Eleventh Edition explains the basic principles, equipment, standards, and safety regulations required for optimal on-the-job performance.
Filled with over 1500 illustrations, this classic presents unsurpassed coverage of electrical systems, substations, circuits, structures, and construction specifications.
The Eleventh Edition features:
- All the guidance needed to maintain systems at peak capacity, avoid costly errors, diagnose and repair power failures, and ensure safety
- Contents updated to reflect OSHA, NESC, ANSI, and ASTM standards
- This new material: the latest techniques for emergency system restoration, aerial cable construction, padmount capacitors, padmount dead-front switchgear, and composite core conductors
Get Quick Access to Every Distribution and Transmission Topic:
* Elementary Electrical Principles * Electric Systems * Substations * Transmission Circuits * Distribution Circuits * Construction Specifications * Wood-Pole Structures * Aluminum, Fiberglass, Concrete, and Steel Structures * Distribution Automation * Emergency System Restoration * Unloading, Hauling, Erecting, and Setting Poles * Guying Poles * Insulators, Crossarms, and Conductor Supports * Line Conductors * Distribution Transformers * Lightning and Surge Protection * Fuses * Switches, Reclosers, and Sectionalizers * Voltage Regulators * Transmission Tower Erection * Stringing Line Conductors * Sagging Line Conductors
About the Author
Thomas M. Shoemaker (Clearwater, FL) is a consulting electrical engineer and Lifetime Senior Member of the IEEE.
James E. Mack (Moline, IL) is Manager, Operations Support, at the Mid-American Energy Company. He is an active committee member of the Missouri Valley Electrical Association. He is a member of IEEE and NSPE.