Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Linksys E3200 High-Performance Simultaneous Dual-B..." and save 86% off the $114.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Linksys E3200 High-Performance Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
|Price:||$198.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Installation of 1 router
- Password protecting your network
- Connecting up to four internet-ready devices
- Providing use and troubleshooting instructions
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Enjoy the power of high-performance, simultaneous dual-band Wireless-N technology (80211n) ideal for home entertainment
- Connect Internet-ready TVs, Blu-rays, game consoles and other devices at superior speeds up to 300 + 300 Mbps
- Double your network bandwidth with simultaneous dual bands
- Connect an external storage device to the built-in USB port to share your files at home or on the Internet
- Connect a printer to share among the computers on your network
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Linksys E3200 High-Performance Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||The ACME Corporation||Amazing Deals Online||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||DOCSIS Networks||Amazon.com|
|Data Transfer Rate||300 Mb per second||450 MB per second||1,900 MB per second||1,750 MB per second||450 MB per second||300 Mb per second|
|Item Dimensions||7.48 x 6.69 x 0.98 in||12.76 x 2.64 x 10.08 in||10.08 x 13.7 x 3.11 in||9.6 x 6.4 x 1.3 in||3 x 12 x 9 in||7.44 x 6.85 x 0.91 in|
|Item Weight||7.68 ounces||1.43 lbs||3.45 lbs||1.9 lbs||0.79 lb||0.71 lb|
|Total LAN Ports||4||4||4||4||—||4|
|Wireless Compatibility||802.11n||802.11abg||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac||802.11 A/C||802.11n||802.11n|
The Linksys E3200 offers superior wireless speed (up to 300 + 300 Mbps), optimal range, and simultaneous dual-band technology to create a powerful network designed for home entertainment. Simultaneous dual-band Wireless-N technology allows for smoother and faster HD/3D video streaming. A built-in USB port lets you add external storage and printers* to share files across your network. An enhanced MIMO antenna array offers superior range and reliability. Plus, included Cisco Connect software gets you set up in three easy steps and offers powerful tools for ongoing management of your network.
Top customer reviews
Cons: Linksys support. The unit failed a couple of months ago, less then 1 year after purchase but after the 90 days complimentary assisted support. The device had completely stopped working, no lights, no connection whatsoever it was dead. I wasn't pleased that this had happened but I figured I was under the 1 year warranty so this shouldn't be a big deal.
When I called up and explained the situation I was told that they needed to verify the router wasn't functional. I'm used to this runaround where they ask you to reset the router, plug and unplug the device, try different means of connecting etc and was expecting it. What I wasn't expecting was to be told that I had to pay them to talk me through their tests. Apparently since I was beyond the 90 days complimentary assisted support I would have to pay them to provide me with their criteria for determining that the router was broken before they would replace it. I could understand if someone called up not able to setup their router that this instruction may have an additional fee but this router was dead as a doorknob, i wasn't seeking assistance with setup, i was seeking for them to honor their hardware warranty. I don't need help setting it up.
I should mention that I'm a data center project manager for several large data centers, I have degrees in electrical engineering and computer science and have expert knowledge of routers. The concept of having me purchase their verification that the router has failed before they will honor their hardware warranty is simply a means to help cover the replacement cost of the device.
Linksys used to be owned by CISCO but is now owned by Belkin. If this is how Belkin treats their customers I'm certainly not inclined to ever buy a product of theirs or include their brands/products in my RFPs.
I have written very few reviews, and as far as i can recall this is the first negative review i have ever written. I am simply appalled by their policy. I would not pay their fee and still have the broken router.
Don't bother expecting Linksys to reach out to you like they have for the lucky few reviewers who's high most helpful rating have landed them on the first page of the reviews, when sorted by most helpful reviews. The last time Linksys reached out to someone who purchased this product on Amazon was August 2, 2012 when the company was still owned by CISCO.
Update 6/26/14: I have since replaced the linksys router with a ASUS RT-N66W Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router currently selling for $125. It was well worth it, this router has all of the same features plus a lot more. Features you will use. For example if you want to update the firmware on the linksys router you will need to go to the linksys website, find the latest version, download it, then sign into the linksys router and direct the router to the downloaded location, on the ASUS router you can just hit update in the menu and it will download and install the latest update automatically. The ASUS RT-N66W also has the ability to recognize what kind of devices you're connecting with and adjust accordingly, for example the ASUS RT-N66W knows that I have an xbox attached to it and has matched the error checking protocol to one that works better for the xbox and I've noticed my online games run smoother.
Attached are screen snapshots of the results of comcast speedtest without WiFi router on ethernet and with WiFi Router performed just minutes apart. The download speed degradation is obvious. During speed test with WiFi router connected, no WiFi devices were being used. Just the presence of the Cisco WiFi router makes this drastic difference.
The cause of the problem is bad DSCP information coming from Comcast and poor condition handling by the WMM driver on certain Linksys/Cisco routers. DSCP as received from Comcast's network is 0x08, the lowest priority possible and Cisco/Linksys routers interprets the misconfigured signal as being unimportant and is the very last to transmit. See http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=773658 for possible fix if you are a technology saavy.
If you want a plug and play WiFi router than does not degrade your internet speed, DO NOT BUY Cisco/Linksys routers for use on COMCAST. I am replacing my Cisco e-3200 dual-band high performance WiFi router as it is totally unusable on COMCAST.
1) It needs to be rebooted every once in a while. Sometimes the connection speed drops from 25MB/s to about 3 MB/s. A reboot usually help things. But I expect a router to just work and not have to unplug it for a minute.
2) The Cisco Connect app for Mac doesn't work. Period. You download it from the Cisco website, and it fails to install, giving you a error message about a corrupt package. So the only way to access the settings is the web admin panel.
3) This router claims to support USB hard drives. This feature might as well not exist. When I tried to connect my WD 500GB hard drive to the router, the router immediately crashed, bringing down the WiFi network, and had to be power cycled. That happened every single time I plugged the drive into the router's USB port. I went online to see the list of E3200's compatible drives, and the official list is VERY short. If you use a Mac, and would like to use a drive formatted with HFS+, you're restricted to a ridiculously small number of obscure or obsolete models of hard drives. Since I mostly use Macs at home, this "feature" is useless to me.
To summarize. The E3200 can do the job. But its performance is just passable, and it doesn't deliver on the features it promises. My next router will probably not be a Cisco Linksys.
Most recent customer reviews
The wifi speed has a hard limit around 25Mbps - 30Mbps.Read more
Customers who bought this item also bought
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.