|Wireless Type||5 GHz Radio Frequency, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency|
Linksys AC1900 Gigabit Range Extender / WiFi Booster / Repeater MU-MIMO (Max Stream RE7000)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Eliminates Wi Fi dead zones and boost Next Gen AC Wi Fi in and around your home
- Works with all Wi Fi Routers and Multi User MIMO Routers;Wireless MAC Filtering
- Simple setup with Push Button Connect and Spot Finder Technology for optimal placement and performance
- Advanced dual band Wi Fi Speeds up to AC1900 plus (N300 plus AC1733)
- DIMENSIONS: 68 inches L x 24 inches W x 6 millimeter Thick
- Cross Band and Beamforming Technologies work to optimize Wi Fi connections
- Gain enhanced wired speeds for a Smart TV, gaming console, Blu ray Disc player or other Wi Fi device using the Gigabit Ethernet port
This product is available as Renewed.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Wi-Fi extender mode eliminates dead zones
- Next-Gen AC (MU-MIMO) supports multiple users
- Seamless Roaming for smooth Wi-Fi connections throughout your home
- Works with all Wi-Fi routers
- Easy setup with Spot Finder and Push Button Connect
- Configure to Access Point mode for new AC Wi-Fi network
- Gigabit Ethernet port for wired connection
Linksys MAX-STREAM AC1900+ MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE7000)
Boost Wi-Fi coverage up to 10,000 square feet with Linksys MAX-STREAM AC1900+ MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE7000). Thanks to Next-Gen AC Wi-Fi, Multi User-MIMO technology, your household can stream, online game, surf, and more--anywhere in the home and outside. Compatible with all Wi-Fi routers, it has easy setup with exclusive Spot Finder Technology to quickly find the right location for your RE7000.
It also has a compact design that only takes up a single A/C outlet, leaving you access to neighboring outlets.
What's in the Box:
- Linksys MAX-STREAM AC1900+ MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE7000)
- Quick install guide
- Regulatory information
Move around Your Home Freely with Seamless Roaming
Enjoy smooth Wi-Fi connections with Seamless Roaming when you link your Linksys AC1900+ Wi-Fi Range Extender to a Linksys MAX-STREAM router (sold separately). You don't have to manually connect to your range extender or router when you go from one side of the house to the other.
Seamless Roaming enables your enabled wireless device to automatically switch to the strongest Wi-Fi signal as you move between the different areas of your home*. This allows you to move freely while video chatting or streaming media on your tablet or smartphone without experiencing buffering or dropped calls.
Even if you don't have an enabled wireless device, Seamless Roaming ensures that your MAX-STREAM router and range extender work together efficiently to deliver a strong whole-home Wi-Fi signal.
*Seamless Roaming is designed for devices that support the 802.11k standard including, but not limited to, iPhone (4s and later), iPad Pro, iPad Air and later, iPad mini and later, iPad (3rd generation and later), iPod touch (5th generation and later), Samsung S4 (Android 4.2.2 /4.4.2), Samsung S5 (Android 4.4.2), and Samsung S6 (Android 5.0.2). For more information on supported Windows and other devices, please check with your device manufacturer.
Eliminates Dead Zones and Increases Wi-Fi Range
Stream 4K and HD movies, play online games, download music, and use all your favorite apps without interruption with this Wi-Fi extender. The RE7000 boosts Wi-Fi in hard-to-reach areas of your home, such as your backyard or garage, and increases the range of existing Wi-Fi signal to up to 10,000 square feet.
Quick, Easy Setup with Exclusive Spot Finder Technology
Setting up your RE7000 is easy. Simply use the Push Button Connect feature on the RE7000 range extender to automatically sync it to your router. Thanks to Spot Finder technology, you can set up your range extender in the right location for optimal performance using your smartphone, laptop, or tablet.
Faster Speeds and Reliable Connection from Dual Wi-Fi Bands
The RE7000 offers dual Wi-Fi bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz for combined speeds of up to 1.9 Gbps--double the performance of single band. You can manually assign newer Wireless-AC devices to the 5 GHz band, and assign older devices to the 2.4 GHz band. Using Crossband technology, the extender allows information to be simultaneously received on one band and transmitted on the other for a stronger signal.
Expand Your Network with Access Point Mode
You can configure the range extender to act as an AC Wi-Fi access point to extend your home network and reduce dead spots by adding Wi-Fi capabilities to your wired network. Simply connect the access point to your router or other wired internet adapter using a Gigabit Ethernet cable, and place it where you need a wireless boost.
Next-Generation MU-MIMO Technology for Multiple Devices
With next-generation MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology, your whole household can simultaneously surf the Internet, stream HD movies, play online games, and more--without experiencing any buffering or lag. MU-MIMO technology ensures you'll enjoy a faster and more efficient connection to every device.
Works with All Wi-Fi Routers
This MU-MIMO range extender is compatible with all Wi-Fi routers, including those from Internet service providers. Plus, you needn't adjust your router's settings when installing this range extender.
Beamforming Technology Focuses Wi-Fi Signal to Device
Play games, listen to music, check emails, shop, stream movies, and more--without having to worry about signal drop-off. This Wi-Fi signal booster uses Beamforming technology to direct Wi-Fi signals to each device for increased signal strength and coverage.
Fast Wired Connection with Gigabit Ethernet Port
You can also connect wired devices such as gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, Smart TVs, or streaming players to your Wi-Fi network using the range extender's Gigabit port to enjoy up to 10x the data transfer speeds of Fast Ethernet.
|MAX-STREAM AC1900+ (RE7000)||AC1200 HIGH GAIN (RE6500HG)||AC1200 MAX (RE6500)||AC1200 AMPLIFY (RE6700)||AC750 BOOST (RE6300)|
|Boosts Wi-Fi Range up to:||10,000 square feet||10,000 square feet||10,000 square feet||10,000 square feet||6,500 square feet|
|Dual-Band Wi-Fi Speed (2.4 + 5Ghz)||N300 + AC1733 Mbps||N300 + AC867 Mbps||N300 + AC867 Mbps||N300 + AC867 Mbps||N300 + AC433 Mbps|
|Works with all Wi-Fi routers, including those from service providers||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Easy Setup and Spot Finder Technology||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|MU-MIMO with Seamless Roaming||✓|
|Ethernet Ports||1 Gigabit Ethernet Port||4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports||4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports||1 Gigabit Ethernet Port||1 Gigabit Ethernet Port|
|Audio Jack for Wireless Music Streaming||3.5mm Audio Jack||3.5mm Audio Jack||3.5mm Audio Jack|
|Integrated Power Outlet||✓|
|Beamforming + Crossband Technology||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Boost Wi Fi coverage in and around your home with Max Stream AC1900+ Wi Fi Range Extender. Featuring Next Gen AC MU MIMO technology. It works with all Wi Fi routers including those with MU MIMO. With next generation MU MIMO technology, every connected device will get faster connections from any room in the house. Everyone in your home can simultaneously stream, game, surf, and more in an upstairs room or the patio with buffering. With Push Button Connect and Spot Finder Technology, setup is quick and easy.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Plug the extender to an outlet CLOSE to the modem/router (Once you set it up it remembers your network so you can unplug it and move it to the best range extending location later).
2) Once it’s plugged in, you have to wait for the flashing light on the front to change color and flash orange!
3) Now that you have an orange blinking light, get on your computer and go to your wireless network settings and look for, and connect to, the Linksys Extender Setup signal. After your computer connects to the Linksys extender..
4) Open a web browser.
5) type http://extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
6) Now you’re in the extender setup application. Just follow the instructions provided. The Linksys extender will find the available networks to join. Select to join your network from the list of available networks put in your password and you’re pretty much good to go. Once the LinksysAC1900+ Wi-Fi extender joins your network the software will tell you the installation is complete and the light on the front of the unit will turn to solid green.
7) Now you can unplug the extender and move it around your house till you find the optimum placement. Just plug the extender into a wall outlet and the extender now will automatically log onto your network. Now you're ready to log onto it. Once up and running I really love the extender. The set up application worked really well for me too. Unfortunately the documentation reads like stereo instructions and if you try to follow them, you’ll only get disappointed.
This is a really useful piece of hardware and once you understand what you have to do, installing this extender is really quick and easy! Too bad the documentation isn't as good as the hardware! Only three stars and I think that's being generous.
My wife and I have a one story, 2000 square foot home, and our wireless router is in the front room. Wi-Fi speed in the front room and surrounding bedrooms is anywhere from 50-100mbps, depending on the time of day, but our home office, which is in the far corner of the house usually can’t exceed 10mbps, and generally averages even lower. The speed was fine for most day to day use, but we would have to move our laptops to another room for acceptable download speeds.
I bought an extender from another company, thinking that the different SSID wouldn’t be an issue, but having to choose different networks depending on where you are in the house is not ideal, especially with phones and tablets.
The coolest feature of this extender is the seamless roaming capability. This has been around for businesses for many years, but I’m happy to see the technology coming to households. Seamless roaming allows your router to switch Wi-Fi devices between the access point with the strongest signal. This is a useful feature if you end up moving around the house a lot, because you don’t have to worry about which Wi-Fi network you are connected to. The negative aspect of most range extenders is they force you to specifically connect to the extender’s SSID when you need a signal boost.
I was on the verge of buying a mesh network system (google Wi-Fi, Linksys velop, etc), but seeing as we have just bought a high end router earlier in the year, it felt like a waste.
I was skeptical of how well this extender would work, but not only can I move from room to room with my tablet and laptop, but my speeds are also better than i had anticipated. I can access a full strength signal on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
If i was buying a new Wi-Fi solution today, it would be tough to overlook the benefits of a mesh network solution, but if you already have a good router and only need to get a stronger signal to a problem area, and you can take advantage of the seamless roaming this extender offers, this is the way to go!
I know very well how to use networks, routers, switches, etc.
I set it up in range extender mode with duplicate network names for each band, and 802.11r roaming enabled.
I used the linksys utility to determine the optimal extender location (quite close to the router).
1. Very little range increase.
2. Significant speed reduction.
3. The router w/ extender handed out duplicate addresses, and clients stopped working.
I tried numerous changes to the setup over several weeks, and finally unplugged and tossed it aside.
Top international reviews
Now the signal strength is as good as it is in the house. Easily set up for seamless signal.