Linksys E1200 Wi-Fi Wireless Router with Linksys Connect Including Parental Controls (Certified Refurbished)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This Certified Refurbished product is fully tested and certified by Linksys to be look and work like-new. The product includes all original accessories and is backed by a 90 Day Manufacturers warranty
- Enjoy the benefits of Wireless-N300 (802.11n) in your home ideal for surfing the web emailing and printing wirelessly Connect your computers wireless printers smartphones and other wireless devices at up to 300 Mbps transfer speed
- Enjoy broad wireless coverage provided by MIMO antenna technology Use four Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) ports to directly connect wired devices
- Keep your network protected with customizable security settings including WPA/WPA2 Personal and SPI firewall protection Give visitors password-protected Internet access on a separate network so your visitors have access to the Internet but not your computers or data
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Fast wireless speed
The Linksys E1200 connects your computers, wireless printers and other Wi-Fi devices at wireless speeds of up to 300 Mbps.
Reliable wireless coverage
MIMO antenna technology provides broad coverage so you can enjoy your wireless network from anywhere in your home.
Advanced security features such as WPA2 wireless encryption and the integrated firewall help you keep your network protected.
Quick to install
Cisco Connect helps you set up your wireless network in a few easy steps on a Windows or Mac computer. (Please note this is NOT required and setup can be easily accomplished without running the software as well)
Easy to manage
Cisco Connect works with Mac and Windows computers and helps you customize settings or quickly add new devices to your network. Cisco Connect enables you to:
Create a separate, password protected network for guests
Limit access time and access to certain websites with parental controls
Access advanced network settings easily
Measure your connection speed with the Broadband Speed Meter
Perform regular automated update checks for firmware and software with the option to install
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Login to your router. If you've never done this, look for instructions that came with your router or do a google search to find the default username and password.
2. Find a page that has QoS settings. For the E1200, you need to click on "Applications & Gaming" and select the "QoS" sub-menu.
3. Disable WMM Support.
4. Click save.
This router is amazing for the price. You can't beat the bang to buck ratio here. The only problem here is that there's clearly a model lottery going on. Some are getting the E1200v1 while others are getting the E1200v2 at random. There's no way to choose, & you REALLY want that v2 model. It has double the RAM of the v1 among other things & you can do a lot more with it in terms of installing CFW etc. I was lucky enough to get a v2. It performs better than its v1 counter part & is immune to a security flaw present in the v1s. As soon as you get your v2 (if you get one) & set it up, you'd want to go & download the latest firmware build from Linksys support & install it to the router. The v2 here comes with the 2.0.02 2012 build. You want the 2.0.06 2013 build to clear up the bugs & security flaws the router comes with.
Now that we're past that...this router is FAST. I mean FAST, & VERY stable. I had a Belkin-G before & couldn't download 500MB without the connection dropping constantly on me. With the E1200v2, I've been downloading 4GB files all day & the connection hasn't dropped once, & it's downloading way faster than my Belkin even in Mixed Mode. I was afraid of the "refurbished" status of this product. As someone who studies & deals in I.T. & tech, I generally don't practice buying used or refurbished electronic products. It's out of the question for me. However, I took the chance with this router & I haven't regretted it. There's a wealth of features to enjoy even without using CFW on it, & the interface is easy enough for beginners to get a grasp on it.
If you want this router to perform at it's best there are a few settings you'd want to change from the get-go. I'll give you a heads up:
1. Apps & Gaming>>>QoS: Disable WMM support
2. Wireless>>>>Basic Wireless Settings: Change Config View to manual, set your Channel to either 1, 6, or 11. If all the devices in your home support the same type of wireless standard (eg. wireless-n, wireless-g etc), set it to broadcast that standard ALONE in Network Mode instead of using "Mixed".
3. Wireless>>>>>Wireless Security: Just like with your signal standard above, if all your devices support the same security protocol, select it from the drop down list instead of using a Mixed Mode. Select either WPA2 or WPA (preferably WPA2 if all your devices support it).
4. Setup>>>>IPv6 Setup: If you don't know what IPv6 is or don't know whether you're using it or not, chances are...you aren't. Disable it.
There you have it. Hope you guys get the same great performance from this router as I did.
UPDATE 11/20/2014: I have now had the router for about 2.5 months and I have yet to experience any problems. My connectivity has been wonderful, I haven't had to reboot it yet, and my download speed has been consistently fast. I didn't experience the issues some users had with the minimal download speed out of the box (I have Comcast) and I haven't noticed any changes since I installed it - my internet is really fast. I haven't had to configure anything; all I did was install it using the CD that came with it, change the name and password and I've been all set ever since.
Most recent customer reviews
Thanks for a great buy.
Helpful? Vote below!
I just left everything as default, as changing them with my old Dlink,
was what caused issues.