Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports
asked by Colleen on October 14, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
I too have used Linksys products and am very happy with the preformance. In my opinion Belkin is a low quality product. If you want to save some $$ try using a D-link or NetGear product. They are not as good as Linksys but will last you a few years.
A. Garcia answered on December 20, 2007
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My last Belkin Router is at garbarge right now, and my aunt have been using a Linksys without problems for the 1 1/2 years.
JJAV answered on October 15, 2007
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i have used linksys at my house and my mothers and mother-in-laws for years with no major issues. if we dont use the connection for a few weeks we need to power cycle the modem and router to get things going but that is all.
ret tech answered on December 27, 2007

A
J Gilbert answered on December 5, 2010

A
I had a linksys for 3 year without any problems...I changed recently to a Belkin double band, thinking it was going to be better for the gaming and multiples computers and all i got is connections troubles, it keep disconnecting two o tree times per week, solutions is restarting the router ...not good..I heard is happening every time ip changes...It's going back to Costco.
Ruben Fernandez answered on March 12, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My Linksys has been nothing but problems. It finally went out a few days ago. I bought a Belkin and it's been rock solid and has not dropped any connections yet. My Linksys dropped connections on a daily basis. Once the Xbox went on, the problems began.
Hector Garcia answered on April 24, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
To each his own, but in most cases, Belkin is cheap junk and Linksys tends to be better. That said, anyone could easily get a product that is bad from any company. I have had my linksys for 6 years now and I have no plans to upgrade as it has worked nearly flawlessly. Yes sometimes is will go out of sync with my comcast broadband modem but a quick unplug, wait a few seconds and it is back up and running in no time. But considering I very rarely have to do that ever, it is of no concern to me.
Mergathal answered on August 6, 2010

A
J Gilbert

I Agree with your assessment of Netgear routers. I had similar bad experiences with two Netgear routers where they both went out within two years of my purchase. In fact the last netgear router just stopped working 10 days after the year warranty expired, and Netgear would not provide any consideration. I am convinced their router products are not built to last. Also their support leaves something to be desired.

Kenneth H
Kenneth J. Hanshaw answered on July 19, 2011

A
I could never recommend a Linksys router to anyone. My family and I went through 3 Linksys routers in 2 months. They just kept burning out. We got a belkin and until recently (decided to upgrade) It has worked wonderfully.
David Laufer answered on July 29, 2011

A
I agree I tried a Belkin router because for the price it seemed better than linksys. i am constantly restarting the router and looseing connection. I to am returning the belkin to get a lynksys.
Mr. Shannon Miller answered on March 22, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product