Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Red Hat Linux and Netfinity Server Integration Guide Paperback – February 15, 2001
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
From the Back Cover
- The complete guide to running Red Hat Linux 6 on IBM Netfinity Servers
- Netfinity server-specific coverage you can't find anywhere else including ServeRAID configuration!
- Plan, configure, and install key services, step-by-step: Samba, Apache, Sendmail, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, and more
- All content fully tested by IBM technicians for reliability, clarity, performance, and security
- The complete, expert guide to running Red Hat Linux 6 on IBM Netfinity Servers
- Extensive networking, Internet, and security coverage: Apache, Sendmail, Samba, DNS/DHCP, ipchains, and more
- Comprehensive, Netfinity server-specific coverage of installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting
- Specific, proven recommendations for disk partitioning, hardware management, SAMBA configuration, and more
- Red Hat Linux performance optimization and system monitoring
Here's all the information you need to maximize Red Hat Linux performance and reliability on IBM's state-of-the-art Netfinity server platforms. In this book, a team of IBM's top Linux experts presents start-to-finish, Netfinity server-specific coverage of Red Hat Linux 6 deployment and system administration throughout the entire system lifecycle!
You'll get running fast with IBM's expert step-by-step preparation and installation techniques: review updating your BIOS and firmware; making the CD-ROM bootable, preparing SCSI devices, partitioning, configuration, XWindows setup, deploying IBM ServeRAID in Red Hat Linux environments, and much more.
Next, you'll master all the key techniques of day-to-day Red Hat Linux system administration, including backup and recovery, Internet and email connectivity, DNS/DHCP name services, and using Red Hat Linux with Samba as a world-class file/print server for Windows workstations. IBM-tested, proven, and crystal clear, this is the one essential book for everyone running Red Hat Linux on Netfinity servers.Sharing Technical Expertise from Around the World
Prentice Hall PTR has selected this IBM Redbook for its worldwide publishing program. IBM Redbooks are produced by the International Technical Support Organization where experts from around the world work together to build effective technical information based on their practical work experience.
About the Author
JAKOB CARSTENSEN is an Advisory Specialist for Netfinity Servers with IBM in Raleigh, NC. JAY HASKINS is a Systems Architect for IBM Global Services Enterprise Architecture and Design in Seattle, WA. IVO GOMILSEK is a Product Specialist for PC hardware at IBM Slovenia. LENZ GRIMMER is a Software Engineer at SuSE GmbH in Nuremberg, Germany. JOE KAPLENK is a Senior Systems Management Integration Professional for IBM Global Services/DAAS in Lisle, IL, and author of several Prentice Hall PTR books, including Linux Networking Interactive Workbook.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|