From the Back Cover
- The complete guide to running SuSE Linux on IBM Netfinity(r) Servers
- Netfinity server-specific coverage you can't find anywhere else including ServeRAID configuration!
- Plan, configure, and install key services, step-by-step: Samba, Apache, Sendmail, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, and more
- All content fully tested by IBM technicians for reliability, clarity, performance, and security
- The complete, expert guide to running SuSE Linux 6.2/6.3 on IBM Netfinity Servers
- Extensive networking, Internet, and security coverage: Apache, Sendmail, Samba, DNS/DHCP, ipchains, and more
- Comprehensive, Netfinity(r) server-specific coverage of installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting
- Specific, proven recommendations for disk partitioning, hardware management, SAMBA configuration, and more
- SuSE Linux performance optimization and system monitoring
Here's all the information you need to maximize SuSE Linux performance and reliability on IBM's state-of-the-art Netfinity server platforms. In this book, a team of IBM's top Linux experts presents start-to-finish, Netfinity server-specific coverage of SuSE Linux 6.2/6.3 deployment and system administration throughout the entire system lifecycle!
You'll get running fast with IBM's expert step-by-step preparation and installation techniques: review updating your BIOS and firmware; making the CD-ROM bootable, preparing SCSI devices, partitioning, configuration, XWindows setup, deploying IBM ServeRAID in SuSE Linux environments, and much more.
Next, you'll master all the key techniques of day-to-day SuSE Linux system administration, including backup and recovery, Internet and email connectivity, DNS/DHCP name services, and using SuSE Linux with Samba as a world-class file/print server for Windows workstations. IBM-tested, proven, and crystal clear, this is the one essential book for everyone running SuSE Linux on Netfinity servers.Sharing Technical Expertise from Around the World
Prentice Hall PTR has selected this IBM Redbook for its worldwide publishing program. IBM Redbooks are produced by the International Technical Support Organization where experts from around the world work together to build effective technical information based on their practical work experience.
About the Author
JAKOB CARSTENSEN is an Advisory Specialist for Netfinity Servers with IBM in Raleigh, NC. JAY HASKINS is a Systems Architect for IBM Global Services Enterprise Architecture and Design in Seattle, WA. IVO GOMILSEK is a Product Specialist for PC hardware at IBM Slovenia. LENZ GRIMMER is a Software Engineer at SuSE GmbH in Nuremberg, Germany. JOE KAPLENK is a Senior Systems Management Integration Professional for IBM Global Services/DAAS in Lisle, IL, and author of several Prentice Hall PTR books, including Linux Networking Interactive Workbook.