Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.05 shipping
Lion 640-524 Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn , 97 Meters, Tangerine
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Solids/heathers/twists/prints/stripes: 80% acrylic/20% wool; wheat & wood: 86% acrylic; 10% wool; 4% rayon; oatmeal & barley & grey marble: 82% acrylic; 10% wool; 8% rayon; metallics: 79% acrylic/20% wool/1% metallic poly
- Wool-ease thick & quick is the super bulky member of the wool-ease family
- Fiber Content: solids, Heathers, twists, prints, stripes: 80Percent Acrylic, 20Percent wool; Wheat & Wood: 86Percent Acrylic;
- It has the feel, warmth and softness of wool with the easy care of Acrylic
- Machine wash. Initial water temperature should not exceed 40C or 105F. No bleach product may be used. A machine dryer may be regularly used at the hottest available temperature setting. Item may not be smoothed or finished with an iron
- Solids, Heathers, twists, tweeds: 6 oz./170G (106 yd./97 M); prints, stripes: 5 oz./140G (87 yd./80 M); metallic: 5 oz./140G (92 yd./84 M)
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Wool-ease thick & quick is the super bulky member of the wool-ease family. It has the feel, warmth and softness of wool wit 10Percent wool; 4Percent Rayon; Oatmeal & Barley & grey Marble: 82Percent Acrylic; 10Percent wool; 8Percent Rayon; metallics: 79Percent Acrylic, 20Percent wool, 1Percent metallic polyh the easy care of acrylic. Perfect for extra warm sweaters, jackets, vests, slippers and hats. It's an ideal beginner yarn.
Top Customer Reviews
I uploaded some photos. While you can see slubby spots and retied ends in some photos, you'll also notice the beautiful variegation.
On a happy note, I purchased this through Amazon's add-on program, and the price was an incredible value.
Because I had such a good experience making the cowls, I have since gone on to make a hat, two hooded cowls, and a pair of slippers calling for Wool-Ease Thick and Quick and still managed to get everything else done that one does in a day. Quick.
Fortunately, out of the 20 skeins I have worked with so far, I have not had the knotting problem another reviewer expressed. I'm so glad about that. After reading that review, I chanced it, to order this yarn anyway. I'm going to use this yarn for future projects. If I run into any problems, I'll try and give an update.
I'm leery of ordering items such as this, with color being so hard to determine accurately via my computer screen, but was happy with the ones I ordered: charcoal (my favorite), black, blossom, fisherman, pine, raspberry, and granite. I wanted to try the cobalt, because I was looking for purple, but it currently (12/2013) isn't Prime available. I haven't made an exhaustive search for this yarn to ascertain the availability of additional colors to what Amazon shows, but I do wish there were more purple shades and tones. My sisters are ga-ga over purple! (By the way, I'm glad Amazon carries this yarn as I live in an area that only carries three colors at Walmart.)
This yarn does pill (get fuzzy) a bit. Good luck to you! Happy stitching!
The wool is very easy to work with and has a slight shine to it in the right light. I used my cocoon for newborn photography and did not wash it, so can't comment on that aspect, but the photos turned out great, so 4 stars from me.
Taking one star away for the color being darker than the picture and the very thin flyaway strands that have come out of the wool even though it has been very gently used.