CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Lion Brand Yarn Martha Stewart Crafts Knit and Weave Loom Kit
|Price:||$27.76 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Compact enough to take anywhere, the adjustable knit and weave loom kit makes knitting and weaving easy for both beginners and pros; use the included instructions to create scarves, hats, blankets, and crafts, or explore other possibilities on your own
- 30 plus configurations including weaving loom, rake loom, rosette loom, round loom plus more
- Weight: 2.9-pound; each kit measures approximately 14 by 7-1/4 by 2-inch
- Instructions and 3 project patterns included (Instruction booklet is trilingual-English, Spanish and French)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Knit and Weave Loom Includes:
- (2) 36-hole straight pieces
- (2) 28-hole semi-circle pieces
- (4) 12-hole straight pieces
- (2) 10-hole U-shaped pieces
- (4) 6-hole straight pieces
- (4) 6-hole corner pieces
- 206 small-gauge pegs
- 104 large-gauge pegs
- knitting tool
- weaving tool
- crochet hook
- small and large yarn needles
- instruction booklet
Knit and Weave Loom Kit
Compact enough to take anywhere, the Knit and Weave Loom Kit makes knitting and weaving easy for both beginners and pros. Use the included instructions to create scarves, hats, blankets, and crafts, or explore other possibilities on your own.
Visit LionBrand website for videos on using the Knit & Weave Loom Kit!
- Instruction Booklet (in English, French, & Spanish)
- 30+ Configurations
- 300+ Pieces
What''s inside the box?
Detailed instructions on the many ways to use the Knit and Weave Loom in English, Spanish, and French.
Weaving loom, rake loom, round loom, rosette loom, and more!
In addition to loom accessories, there''s a knitting tool, weaving tool, crochet hook, and both large and small yarn needles!
Pictures and Patterns
Step-By-Step instructions help create many projects, with even more ideas and free patterns at LionBrand website!
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The wait for this item was a little long, but really I only ended up waiting about 11 days, I was in no hurry given the price (although I noticed the price went up 5 dollars since I ordered it on January 22,2012, got it for $23) Considering the price of wood and metal alternatives that don't have such versatility i'd say this is still a steal. I had another item in my cart and qualified for free shipping which made it even more so worth the wait.
Over all I really love this loom and it's versatility has a lot of crafty ideas swimming around in my head. If I could I'd give this item 4 1/2 stars because while it has short comings (which is why it doesn't get 5) they aren't quite worth a full star reduction.
- I can see this item lasting a very long time, the plastic is of good quality and when the pegs are placed in to secure the pieces there is virtually no wiggling.
-Versatility! I don't see me needing to buy any other looms in the future. Since this loom allows you to make a variety of sizes and shapes I'm sure it will be great for things like socks, double sided scarves, of course hats and I think with some experimenting I could make a sweater on this thing!
- The only thing you need to get started is yarn and a pair of scissors!Read more ›
My only issues are:
1. Can't find extra pegs. I am clumsy and lose little things. The pegs that fit well in the loom don't come out. Others, however, don't go in so well and have the potential for being lost. Would like to buy extra pegs someplace. Anyplace. I don't care where. Just want extra pegs!
2. Loom hook is badly designed. The wide part near the hook end means the hook has to be rotated sideways to fit through the pegs when pulling yarn through on both sides of the loom. I got around that problem by having hubby fashion a hook from an old wire hanger. He got the proper bend in the hook end, and it's just an inch longer than the plastic hook and works great. I can zip through a woven square in no time now.
Like someone else mentioned, the directions in the book are a little unclear, but I experimented a bit with the weaving part and worked it out. My very first woven squares turned out awesome! Already know how to loom knit, so I didn't bother with those directions. There are loom knitting videos on You Tube, however, for novices.
Didn't really care for the rosettes, but may experiment a little with those.
Aside from the issues above, though, the kit does seem to be well made and capable of lasting for a long time. I like the adjustability factor with different sized pegs and being able to skip peg holes.
One thing I did was to buy a plastic tool box to hold all the parts and the manual.
Nice kit overall.
1/24/12 UPDATE...Read more ›
Miracles of miracles, it did get me knitting within minutes. It does take some practice to figure out tension. Lots of practice. The directions in the book are nowhere near as good as the ones you'll find online - printed ones and videos online both are far superior to what is included with this kit.
I do have to ding it one star for the minor imperfections. Quality control, if it existed, failed quite a bit. I'll attempt to post a picture of two pegs to show some an example of a good peg and a not so good peg side by side. I had numerous pegs that had excess plastic either around the top of the pegs or sticking out around the bottom. If it is around the top you'll have to trim it so that it won't snag the yarn and be in your way. If it is on the bottom it is much trickier to trim because if you don't get it perfectly flush with the piece those pieces tend to be the ones that don't sit flat in the holes and try to pull loose as you work. Were it not for these annoyances, I'd have given this item 5 stars.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this from Michael's, and knew as soon as I opened the box that I would be returning it; the pieces were VERY dirty, and the tools looked cheap and flimsy. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Emily M.
This was an exciting ogee till i got it home opened it up and started. The pegs come out as your working. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
I love the actual product. I am disappointed that they don't really support it. It would be really really nice if they just sold extra pegs. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I was really disappointed in this product. It was extremely difficult to use. The pegs did not stay in place. Finished products did not turn out as pictured. Read morePublished 2 months ago by sss147
In A Rush? Here's The Summary:
-Versatile and easy to customize; so many combinations to choose from and covers many loom styles (round, flat, double-sided,... Read more