- Save 10% on your entire order with Disney Vault when you spend $49. Enter code DVTENOFF at checkout. Enter code DVTENOFF at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on your entire order with Disney Vault. Enter code DISNEYV5 at checkout. Enter code DISNEYV5 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 1% on your entire order with Disney Vault. Applied automatically at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Lion King
Diamond Edition, Special Edition
DVD + Blu-ray
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
The wait is over. For the first time ever, experience the majesty of Disney’s epic animated masterpiece as it roars off the screen and into your living room on Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D. With a spectacular digital picture, spine-tingling high definition sound and immersive bonus features—you will feel the love for this critically acclaimed and universally beloved classic like never before.
Embark on an extraordinary coming-of-age adventure as Simba, a lion cub who cannot wait to be king, searches for his destiny in the great “Circle of Life.” You will be thrilled by the breathtaking animation, unforgettable Academy Award®–winning music (1994: Best Original Score; Best Song, “Can You Feel The Love Tonight”) and timeless story. The king of all animated films reigns on Disney Blu-ray 3D—magic in a new dimension.
Amazon's Disney Store
More Lion King
Lion King Toys
Versions of The Lion King on Blu-ray and DVD
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The seller says it’s factory sealed, however there is no movies reward card inside proving that to be a false statement.
2. The bottom of the blu-ray is way darker, which is highly indicative of a read/write Blu-ray Disc. Read only discs have a lighter bottom.
3. This is a Disney money, and the print on both of the discs is deplorable, you can barely read the small print, which is something Disney doesn’t do. I’m actually going to report this seller to Disney and let them handle the lawsuit. Although I don’t like how Disney makes money with these, it is still their work, and we also deserve to know what we’re purchasing. Especially when so many people were unable to make the movie play
First, I absolutely adore Timone & Pumba, those two are a hoot. LOL Love the scene where the water turns into a *Ahem* hot-tub.. LOL Cracked me up, I'm still smiling as I write this...
The Story goes like this, A young lion cub (Simba) set's out on his own to explore and his father becomes very protective of him and tells him not to do that as it could be dangerous. Then against his fathers advice Simba sets out again exploring alone and gets caught up in a potential deadly situation. His father comes to his rescue and ends up losing his life while trying to save him. Except the one responsible for his death is really another male lion (Scar) who wants to be 'king of the pride' himself. The male lion blames Simba for what happened and banishes Simba never to return with the threat of telling everyone that he (Simba) will be blamed for his fathers death. Through Simba's journey of self discovery he makes many friends who ultimately help him grow into a strong male lion. He also falls in love along the way with a childhood friend (Nala), who convinces him to return to his pride and claim himself to be 'The Lion King'. I don't really want to go into any more detail than that as I don't want to give too much away. I will add that this is a MUST SEE Disney classic, one of the greats and not to be missed.
This movie had me welling up with tears a few times, laughing out loud, and just generally feeling good. This movie has a good message to tell and is heartfelt. Truely 'Epic' even. This movie has become a true Disney classic
I watched this movie many years ago when it first came out, But recently bought it in 3D to add to my 3D movie collection. And I have to say what a visual treat this was being able to watch it in 3D. Let alone the fact that It's such an awesome movie / story! We as a family all enjoyed every minute of it. It is well written, flows well, and kept us entertained from beginning to end. It is my firm belief that this Disney animation will end up being one of the 'great' classics just like Bambi, Cinderella, Snow White, etc... This one did not disappoint. There are a few scenes with a little bit of violence in them, but nothing I would keep any of the young ones from viewing. And as for how well the 3D was done, well. it was GREAT! It always seems that animated films carry over quite well into 3D and this was no exception.
All in all I would have to say that this is a great animated Disney film that the ENTIRE family will enjoy. And you can feel safe enough to let the little ones watch it too without fear of too much violence or any bad language