The Lion King
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Celebrate the glory of THE LION KING as this magnificent coming-of-age masterpiece takes its rightful place as the reigning star of the acclaimed Walt Disney Signature Collection! With humor and heart, breathtaking animation, soul-stirring Academy Award(R)-winning music (1994: Best Original Score and Best Song "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"), and revealing new Bonus Extras, this much-beloved story transports you to the Pride Lands and inspires generations of fans to find their places in the "Circle Of Life". Create memories that will transcend time with Disney's THE LION KING -- a treasured classic that belongs in every family's collection!|The film was originally titled KING OF THE JUNGLE.|More than 600 artists, animators, and technicians contributed to THE LION KING, and more than 1 million drawings were created for the film, which is made up of 1,197 hand-painted backgrounds and 119,058 individually colored frames of film.|When production began, an art team traveled to Africa to search for ways to best present the African settings in the film. Animators also studied live lions and other animals that were brought to the studio.|The film has been translated into 32 languages, from Swedish to Zulu.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This edition is slated to hit digital services on 8.15.17 and then be released on Blu-ray 8.29.17. The special features announced for this Signature Collection edition so far, are as follows:
* Audio Commentary – View the film with commentary by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
* Visualizing a Villain – Against a backdrop of live dancers and the animated “Be Prepared” sequence, artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
* The Recording Sessions – Watch rare footage of the actors recording their roles, matched with the final animation. Intro by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
* Nathan and Matthew: The Extended Lion King Conversation – Nathan Lane (Timon) and Matthew Broderick (Adult Simba) offer candid and hilarious insights into their Lion King experiences.
* Inside the Story Room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story pitches.
* Circle of Life – See how color creates emotion and meaning in the film’s iconic opening.
* Simba & Nala – See how elements proposed in story meetings evolve into what appears onscreen.
* Simba Takes Nala Out to Play – …And, sometimes what seems funny in story meetings never makes it into the film!
* Hakuna Matata – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff sing, act and dance their hearts out as they pitch the “Hakuna Matata” sequence.
* Rafiki and Reflecting Pool – Co-directors Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff pitch a sequence that became the emotional heart of The Lion King to Producer Don Hahn.
Music & More – Sing along to your favorite songs from the movie: “Circle of Life,” “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King,” “Be Prepared,” “Hakuna Matata,” and “Can You Feel the Love Tonight.”
* Visual Development – Explore a gallery of striking artwork that inspired the movie’s look and feel.
* Character Design – Trace the development of the film’s unforgettable characters through early concept art drawings.
* Storyboards – Examine storyboards created in the development of “The Lion King.”
* Layouts – Feast your eyes on layouts created in the development of “The Lion King.”
* Backgrounds & Layouts – Journey through a gallery of landscape paintings that shaped the world of “The Lion King.”
Classic Bonus Features (Digital Only) – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as bloopers, audio commentary, deleted and alternate scenes, and in-depth journeys into the music, film, story, animals and stage show.
My wife and I have been waiting for this film to be released to the public again and we are so happy to be able to finally have a copy to watch whenever we want. As mentioned, if you haven't seen this one and you are a fan of animation in general, or of Disney/Pixar animation specifically... you NEED to check this one out. You will be happy you did. It is by far one of the greatest animated films ever produced.