Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover

on February 11, 2016
We needed this piece to make a figure 8 track for my son's train set that he got for Christmas. It arrived quickly and was packaged well. I find the fast track to be much noisier than the old tube style we used to have, and I hate how everything is plastic nowadays but the price doesn't reflect that. It works fine but I just feel that Lionel charges way too much for their products given the quality.
2 people found this helpful
on February 23, 2013
Note that you will need to add at least a five inch track and a ten inch track to each side of this to make it work. You can buy these also on Amazon. Without these, the curves won't come together at the crossover. You can also just buy the Figure 8 track pack. I copied my review of that below:

We started with a basic set that had an oval. At some point, the oval got boring so we added the figure 8. I don't know why, but it is fun to watch a train go around on a figure 8. The Fastrack criss cross track works well and trains do not derail when going across it.

Around the same time that we bought the figure 8 track, we moved from having our set on the living room floor to putting it on a 4' x 8' plywood table in the basement. From there, we started adding switches to create an oval around the figure 8. To me, within the constraints of a 4 x 8 layout, a figure 8 embedded in an oval is about as good as it gets in terms of having an interesting layout.

My recommendation is to start with the figure 8 and then, as your finances allow, buy some switches and track to connect the sides of the figure 8 into an oval. There are two challenges with this. First, switches cost around $40 each. Second, the gap to close the side of the track by the switches is an odd length of 30.91 inches. What worked for me was to close each side of the loop with (2) 10 inch tracks + (1) 5 inch track + (3) 1.375 inch tracks + (1) 1.75 inch track. This leaves a gap of about 1/32" but there is enough flex in the track to make this work.
14 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 29, 2018
Great addition for a model railroad layout ... at an exceptional price, too.Great addition for a model railroad layout ... at an exceptional price, too.Great addition for a model railroad layout ... at an exceptional price, too.Great addition for a model railroad layout ... at an exceptional price, too.Great addition for a model railroad layout ... at an exceptional price, too.Great addition for a model railroad layout ... at an exceptional price, too.
on January 7, 2015
These little pieces are expensive, but they are just the ticket for completing a track under your Christmas tree that deviates from the "standard oval." I'm not a train guru--just a mom that wants to help her kid have fun. I added a small curved piece (O36), a 4.5" straight and a 1-3/8" straight piece to our set (just the standard pieces that come with the Lionel trains) and had an amazing, wandering figure eight looping under the coffee table, behind the couch and back again. Advice: build as much as you can with the "normal" pieces first and save these special guys for the very last-I-can't-possibly-make-this-work-without-it moment.
One person found this helpful
on December 14, 2017
Seemed like a good gift idea but you really need a lot of extra track to incorporate this intersection.
on March 23, 2017
Its great, one thing to note with this piece you need alot of other tracks. I bought this cross piece along with the other additional pieces, the curve etc. and its not enought tracks to fully use this, so if you buy this, buy alot of straight tracks, otherwise its great.
on March 2, 2014
FasTrack 90 Degree cross, just add 4 half-straights and 2 curves to get your perfect figure 8. Hmmm what else to say, well its FasTrack, nice and easy to use, holds together with ease, easier to maintain then traditional tubular track. Comes in a variety of prefab sizes, for your convenience.
2 people found this helpful
on March 8, 2015
I ordered these to add onto the beginner track provided with my Lionel train. They fit together with the other fast track perfectly, and allowed us to create a figure '8'. Also needed to buy 4 'half-track' sizes to complete the pattern.
One person found this helpful
on February 25, 2018
works great, good product
on April 9, 2018
quality track.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.