Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Lionel FasTrack 90-Degree Crossover

on January 7, 2015
These little pieces are expensive, but they are just the ticket for completing a track under your Christmas tree that deviates from the "standard oval." I'm not a train guru--just a mom that wants to help her kid have fun. I added a small curved piece (O36), a 4.5" straight and a 1-3/8" straight piece to our set (just the standard pieces that come with the Lionel trains) and had an amazing, wandering figure eight looping under the coffee table, behind the couch and back again. Advice: build as much as you can with the "normal" pieces first and save these special guys for the very last-I-can't-possibly-make-this-work-without-it moment.
on December 14, 2017
Seemed like a good gift idea but you really need a lot of extra track to incorporate this intersection.
on March 23, 2017
Its great, one thing to note with this piece you need alot of other tracks. I bought this cross piece along with the other additional pieces, the curve etc. and its not enought tracks to fully use this, so if you buy this, buy alot of straight tracks, otherwise its great.
on March 2, 2014
FasTrack 90 Degree cross, just add 4 half-straights and 2 curves to get your perfect figure 8. Hmmm what else to say, well its FasTrack, nice and easy to use, holds together with ease, easier to maintain then traditional tubular track. Comes in a variety of prefab sizes, for your convenience.
on February 18, 2018
great
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
For Christmas this year, Santa finally brought our train crazy son his first "big boy" o gauge electric lionel train (the Pennsylvania Flyer with bluetooth). He was thrilled beyond reason and has had so much fun with it, but quickly wanted to expand the layout from the oval you can make with the included track. I bought one set of additional straights and one set of additional curves and this crossover piece, hoping to make a figure 8. Unfortunately I didn't realize until it arrived that you cannot make a figure 8 with this piece unless you have 4 of the half size straights in addition to enough of the curves. My son was SO upset (he's autistic and easily frustrated by such things) when we were unable to make a figure 8 with this. I quickly ordered 4 of the half length straights and now we have a figure eight (of sorts) that he thinks is pretty cool. The only problem is that even though the pieces all seem to be connected and the train is moving around the track fine, the electrical connection is spotty and the train sounds are clipped and sound shorted. This is frustrating for him too. I don't know if this piece has anything to do with that problem, but we've never had this issue until we added this cross over and the 4 half straights (see pics). Maybe someone who knows more about these things can weigh in.

In summary, this is a cool piece to add to a layout but MAKE SURE you have all the additional pieces you need BEFORE you buy it or you will be frustrated and disappointed like we were. Additionally, I feel like Lionel is really taking advantage when it comes to the pricing on these tracks. They're ridiculously expensive!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on March 8, 2015
I ordered these to add onto the beginner track provided with my Lionel train. They fit together with the other fast track perfectly, and allowed us to create a figure '8'. Also needed to buy 4 'half-track' sizes to complete the pattern.
on October 6, 2015
love it
on January 23, 2013
Bought this piece to make a figure 8 and it worked perfectly for that purpose. Made the train a little more interesting to watch go around the track compared to the basic oval that came with the set.
on April 23, 2014
Works great, needed to form a figure 8 track layout. Snaps together with all of the other fas track pieces.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.