Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
on February 11, 2016
We needed this piece to make a figure 8 track for my son's train set that he got for Christmas. It arrived quickly and was packaged well. I find the fast track to be much noisier than the old tube style we used to have, and I hate how everything is plastic nowadays but the price doesn't reflect that. It works fine but I just feel that Lionel charges way too much for their products given the quality.
on February 23, 2013
Note that you will need to add at least a five inch track and a ten inch track to each side of this to make it work. You can buy these also on Amazon. Without these, the curves won't come together at the crossover. You can also just buy the Figure 8 track pack. I copied my review of that below:

We started with a basic set that had an oval. At some point, the oval got boring so we added the figure 8. I don't know why, but it is fun to watch a train go around on a figure 8. The Fastrack criss cross track works well and trains do not derail when going across it.

Around the same time that we bought the figure 8 track, we moved from having our set on the living room floor to putting it on a 4' x 8' plywood table in the basement. From there, we started adding switches to create an oval around the figure 8. To me, within the constraints of a 4 x 8 layout, a figure 8 embedded in an oval is about as good as it gets in terms of having an interesting layout.

My recommendation is to start with the figure 8 and then, as your finances allow, buy some switches and track to connect the sides of the figure 8 into an oval. There are two challenges with this. First, switches cost around $40 each. Second, the gap to close the side of the track by the switches is an odd length of 30.91 inches. What worked for me was to close each side of the loop with (2) 10 inch tracks + (1) 5 inch track + (3) 1.375 inch tracks + (1) 1.75 inch track. This leaves a gap of about 1/32" but there is enough flex in the track to make this work.
on March 23, 2017
Its great, one thing to note with this piece you need alot of other tracks. I bought this cross piece along with the other additional pieces, the curve etc. and its not enought tracks to fully use this, so if you buy this, buy alot of straight tracks, otherwise its great.
on January 7, 2015
These little pieces are expensive, but they are just the ticket for completing a track under your Christmas tree that deviates from the "standard oval." I'm not a train guru--just a mom that wants to help her kid have fun. I added a small curved piece (O36), a 4.5" straight and a 1-3/8" straight piece to our set (just the standard pieces that come with the Lionel trains) and had an amazing, wandering figure eight looping under the coffee table, behind the couch and back again. Advice: build as much as you can with the "normal" pieces first and save these special guys for the very last-I-can't-possibly-make-this-work-without-it moment.
on March 8, 2015
I ordered these to add onto the beginner track provided with my Lionel train. They fit together with the other fast track perfectly, and allowed us to create a figure '8'. Also needed to buy 4 'half-track' sizes to complete the pattern.
on March 2, 2014
FasTrack 90 Degree cross, just add 4 half-straights and 2 curves to get your perfect figure 8. Hmmm what else to say, well its FasTrack, nice and easy to use, holds together with ease, easier to maintain then traditional tubular track. Comes in a variety of prefab sizes, for your convenience.
on October 6, 2015
love it
on December 10, 2012
This crossover is new from Lionel, and sold by Amazon. It is just what I need to expand the train layout around the Christmas tree this year. It works perfectly, just as advertised. The price was excellent, and the shipping was free. Amazon does the best job of all in providing merchandise at the best possible price. THANKS.
on October 12, 2016
This is also part of my grandson's Christmas train set layout.He is going to love it.
on April 23, 2017
useless

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.