Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on June 13, 2013
The train set delivered in timely manner, five carts plus the locomotive, eight 036 curve and four straight track plus the power unit. The locomotive, which is really heavy for a toy considering the company "Lionel" labeled this train for 14 years and older, my kids are much younger helped in putting the train on tracks. I did have tough time balancing the carts in place over the tracks but the kids did the trick after couple of miss and hit (flashing green on power unit for short circle), the tracks been adjusted by me plus Electricity connectors from AC. I let the kids do the work, the purchase is made for them technically.

I got extra two sets of 036 Curve tracks total of 8 pieces, we did make spade and 8 curve shape from it, connecting the curves in counter clockwise direction this way it creates two opposite spades. We did make a longer more challenging track in such, I notice in one sharp turn the last cart which was one of the longest did spark between the turns when it's pushed to the limit of speeding, I removed it just in case. Possible of getting extra straight tracks to smooth the ride later on for coming Christmas. We got this set in June early for the great discount applied. It does make good assets for a dream comes true train set.
on December 13, 2013
I already own a couple train sets from Lionel and they are great. I ordered this set to place arround the Christmas tree. I ordered it new, came in a sealed box, when I opened the box and started to assemble the tracks, I've noticed the power transformer box the seal on it was broken. I finished assembling the set and wanted to use it for my son to enjoy his new train set. The power transformer does not work prolperly, you normaly have to lift the handle on it to make the train go forward or backward and make sound ( whistle or bell sound) with this transformer the train goes forward only and no noise at all. I will be returning this set.
I recommend Lionel trains but do yourself a favor and go to a local hobby store to purchase Lionel train sets.
on January 10, 2012
Bought this as a Chritmas gift for my husband. He was very happy with the train and set them up right after he opened the package, easy to assemble, train runs well. Overall, it is a good purchase. We only have a small issue with the design is they didn't include the bell in this model, also the user's guide should let people know that the smoke will only come out once you run the train for a while in full speed.
on December 28, 2012
Worked well, great train. The freight car was painted different than the one pictured, but still nice. The smoker didn't work on my train, if I bought it in a store I would have exchanged it but not worth the hassle to mail back. I was surprised by how loud it is on the track. Who knows maybe they all are. The engine is somewhat delicate, not the best for small children. Overall very good would buy again.
on February 12, 2012
Product is as it is. I would buy it again! The smoke doesn't blow much though - I was expecting more smoke to blow, but only a little bit blows when you crank the train up as fast as it can go.
on July 15, 2014
My husband has been asking for this for a while and it was finally on sale, so I got it for his birthday 2013 so he'd have it for the Christmas tree. He LOVES it! (Our 3-year-old loves it too and thinks it's his...no matter, like father/like son!)
on January 18, 2013
The train was great as expected, but the box was severely damaged, and with Lionel trains, the box adds value. The train should have been packaged in a box.
on January 17, 2013
I always wanted a Lionel train set and finally got one! It was everything I had dreamed about. Reality right down to the smoke coming from the stack. Quality worksmanship made my train set a joy to operate and watch. Thanks Lionel!!
on July 20, 2013
I ordered this for my husband and can you believe the shipping was free and it arrived the next day. It works perfectly and the speed is incredible. Very easy to put together. Smoke comes out the top while running on track. Amazing product!!!
on November 23, 2012
Just what santa ordered

My Grandson will love this ------ I also have the Polar Express train set

this will add to it

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.