Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lionel A Christmas Story O-Gauge Train Set
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on December 23, 2011
this is a cool train set. Bought extra track and I will add video later. smokes, whistles, and love the fastrack design. sets up on carpet great.
on January 10, 2012
Bought this as a Chritmas gift for my husband. He was very happy with the train and set them up right after he opened the package, easy to assemble, train runs well. Overall, it is a good purchase. We only have a small issue with the design is they didn't include the bell in this model, also the user's guide should let people know that the smoke will only come out once you run the train for a while in full speed.
on January 8, 2012
Daughter got me this train and I am now living my third childhood (64 yo). It is easy to put up and at some time in the distant future (unless wife gets tired of playing with it when I am on the computer, and puts it away). We have a lot of fun driving our dog crazy with the whistle and all. I will probably get some small buildings and people and other stuff to use every Christmas around the base of the tree. This set as is, is perfect for that in the square track layout. When I was a kid, my dad got us an American Flyer Electric Train set and I played with it for at least 18 years. The Lionel O gage system will make a perfect gift for Juniors first electric train. It is simple to set up and ready to play with.
on June 13, 2013
The train set delivered in timely manner, five carts plus the locomotive, eight 036 curve and four straight track plus the power unit. The locomotive, which is really heavy for a toy considering the company "Lionel" labeled this train for 14 years and older, my kids are much younger helped in putting the train on tracks. I did have tough time balancing the carts in place over the tracks but the kids did the trick after couple of miss and hit (flashing green on power unit for short circle), the tracks been adjusted by me plus Electricity connectors from AC. I let the kids do the work, the purchase is made for them technically.

I got extra two sets of 036 Curve tracks total of 8 pieces, we did make spade and 8 curve shape from it, connecting the curves in counter clockwise direction this way it creates two opposite spades. We did make a longer more challenging track in such, I notice in one sharp turn the last cart which was one of the longest did spark between the turns when it's pushed to the limit of speeding, I removed it just in case. Possible of getting extra straight tracks to smooth the ride later on for coming Christmas. We got this set in June early for the great discount applied. It does make good assets for a dream comes true train set.
on February 12, 2012
Product is as it is. I would buy it again! The smoke doesn't blow much though - I was expecting more smoke to blow, but only a little bit blows when you crank the train up as fast as it can go.
on December 28, 2012
Worked well, great train. The freight car was painted different than the one pictured, but still nice. The smoker didn't work on my train, if I bought it in a store I would have exchanged it but not worth the hassle to mail back. I was surprised by how loud it is on the track. Who knows maybe they all are. The engine is somewhat delicate, not the best for small children. Overall very good would buy again.
on July 15, 2014
My husband has been asking for this for a while and it was finally on sale, so I got it for his birthday 2013 so he'd have it for the Christmas tree. He LOVES it! (Our 3-year-old loves it too and thinks it's his...no matter, like father/like son!)
on December 21, 2012
Been collecting O gauge trains for years. And just had to get this set as this is my favorite all time Christmas movie. Set runs great, looks cool, typical puffer smoke unit from lionel though but not complaining.
on January 18, 2013
The train was great as expected, but the box was severely damaged, and with Lionel trains, the box adds value. The train should have been packaged in a box.
on January 17, 2013
I always wanted a Lionel train set and finally got one! It was everything I had dreamed about. Reality right down to the smoke coming from the stack. Quality worksmanship made my train set a joy to operate and watch. Thanks Lionel!!