Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on December 29, 2011
This is not your typical chunky diecast lionel locomotive ,much lighter in that aspect, but dont under estimate it for that reason , this engine has unbelievable pulling power with little power applied , It struggled a bit out of the box because I guess it was cold from sitting in a cold truck all day and night, but once it loosened up the performance was on the money, the trainsounds tender is very authentic and excellent sound effects, the engine and tender are very early steam engine design with great detail , diecast trucks on all cars and illuminated caboose , authentic coca cola markings on all cars, I added another box car and the engine pulled no with increase in power , I will run the other add on cars because i know it will perform with no effort at all from my experience , again dont let the weight or materials fool you this engine has plenty of power and looks awesome with its vintage style.......if you have doubt DONT just buy it you wont be sorry, the other review that said it didnt run might have just gotten a bad engine , a bad day at the factory could happen anytime with any product,I gave it 4 stars because i would have liked to see the engine made of metal, but doesnt affect performance, I lust prefer metal for its durability, I recommend this set...
on February 8, 2016
This is a novelty train. It isn't the most equipped nor the best engine, for it isn't a Berkshire for instance, but it is Coca-Cola and kids can play with this for hours. I do believe there needs to be a value comparison for the price paid but for a nominal outlay it is something that will work for years and years. With toys they typically last days and months--this will be around and I suspect as with Coca Cola something future generations will use.
on January 1, 2012
Lionel holds its price better than any Bachmann train you could get. Nice train for the price, runs well and works good for me, I will be adding the Lionel Coca Cola Santa boxcar to make it look more Christmasy. This is a very good "Starter" train set to have around the Christmas Tree...I, also gave it only 4 stars as a metal train would've had the Lionel quality that is expected. The easy track is wonderful, Thank you for that, I have an older Lionel train which I can now run on the easy track...Get this for a train to have around your Christmas Tree, A+ for that...Can't beat the price a Lionel Set for under $300. is a deal. I find this a great buy...and mine works great so far....
on October 11, 2016
The product was great, I was just upset it didn't come in a sepreate package... it was open for anyone to see.
on December 25, 2011
I am thinking of returning this set. The whistle worked for the first 5 minutes and stopped working and now i think it is broken. I also purchased the other sets, the Harry Potter and Polar Express one, I have not set up the Harry Potter and am going to give that away as a gift but I did unwrapped the Harry Potter and the engine on it is noticeably (twice) as heavy as the Coca-Cola one. The Polar Express engine is also very heavy (twice) compared to the coca cola one. The coca-cola one feels like it's a cheap quality build item compared to the other two engines so I would suggest the Polar Express and the Harry Potter over this one. The Polar looks more fun though because of the 4 additional characters, the whistle works out of the box. As for the smoke I have not gotten it to work well on either of the train.

edit: changing from 1 star to 3 star. Yes it is lighter and feels 'cheaper-made' than the other set, but it is still a decent set. I have set it up on it's own track and I have the polar express running on the outer track in the opposite direction. The kids love it. I paid $139 for this set and for that price, I think I will be keeping it even if the whistle is not functioning properly. I have purchased the Thomas and Friends cheaper sets that runs $50-60 and also the wooden table top train sets that runs $90-$130 and it's a no brainer to go with this set since it is a lot more fun and enjoyable for the kids. If the Polar Express or Hogwart set falls to around the $170-$200 range I would recommend those sets over the Coca Cola @ $139.
on December 6, 2015
Purchased for my 4 year old grandson in 2011. Four years later, it's still going strong. Initial set up was a bit tricky, read the instructions carefully to get the right switch settings on the locomotive. At 4 he had no problems operating the transformer and executing the features. Every year we add a new car or accessory.
on March 10, 2015
Train more than met expectations. Love the working smoke stack. Great collectable for my son. He has had fun with it as well.
on January 4, 2013
This is a fun train to use and play with. I love the new track. This track stays together and keeps the train going much better than the old track. I love the transformer too.
on January 3, 2013
BEAUTIFULLY DETAILED AND NICELY MADE. COLOR SCHEME IS GORGEOUS. WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVERY ONE
LOOKING FOR A COLORFUL SET.. THANKS
on October 11, 2014
Exactly as expected!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.