Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on November 15, 2016
This actually doesnt come with enough track to complete a figure 8 on some of the smaller lionel sets. The smaller lionel sets (40x50 track dimensions, but in particular the Peanuts Halloween set) only come with 2 straight pieces for the oval, not four. This requires 4 straight pieces (obviously).
I use fasttrack on my main layout. For some reason the center of the cross piece seems to make the engine jump slightly. Enough where if the train is going slow enough it will actually shut off for a second as it jumps off the track and then resets when it goes back on. Hard to explain. A little bump in the track type of thing. Its not very smooth through the cross and I did have it on a flat surface.
With that exception, it is what you would expect from lionel. The tracks are solid, easy to put together, and work fine.
on January 6, 2017
I didn't follow this layout, I got it because I wanted the crossover, the turn and the 5" straights to make my own layout. I ended up getting it through Amazon Warehouse where the box was smashed, but the parts are perfect. I wasn't planning on keeping the box, and everything worked out great. I would save money again doing that. I ended up getting all that for $47. Where in the local hobby shop would have changed me close to $65, and the retail cost was $75.
on August 13, 2015
This is a nice addition to my beginner set. the reason I'm knocking off two starts is that the middle 4-way piece causes derailing fairly often. It's not completely even, and the trains seem to bounce a tad when going through over it. It doesn't matter if it's fast or a medium speed, I get derails at random times on that piece.
on January 14, 2015
Works great. Makes the oval track into a crazy 8 which adds to the fun of the train. It's a gray color track that matches the track that comes with the train. Amazon highlighted the red pieces to show exactly which pieces this set includes. The green pieces are the original track. First one arrived in a ripped box - maybe got caught in a conveyor belt. Amazon was great and had the new replacement at my door within days. Amazing.
on December 26, 2017
Fastrack makes the trains go so much faster than the old style. Great product. Fast shipping.
on December 31, 2015
This track expansion kit makes your oval track much bigger. It snaps together easily like the rest of the fastracks they offer. Personally I love the detail on them but do not like the performance. Our track is mounted on a flat board and we constantly are loosing power. You have to knock on the track every couple laps to make the connection better. It seems that if you purchase the fastrack set, then you may have to soder it or wire each piece together to make it function properly.
on February 25, 2018
good price for this product
on December 25, 2017
Love lional trains and tracks -- always durable
on January 7, 2016
Everything fit together very well, but the steam engine would have a power hiccup almost every time it traveled over the crossover, and would frequently lose power altogether. Has something to do with the plastic ridges that stick up between the rails, I'm sure. Will bring it with me to a local train show this weekend and see if anyone knows how to alter it to work reliably.
on January 31, 2018
Made the track just what it needed
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.