Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 75 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 80 reviews
on January 6, 2017
I didn't follow this layout, I got it because I wanted the crossover, the turn and the 5" straights to make my own layout. I ended up getting it through Amazon Warehouse where the box was smashed, but the parts are perfect. I wasn't planning on keeping the box, and everything worked out great. I would save money again doing that. I ended up getting all that for $47. Where in the local hobby shop would have changed me close to $65, and the retail cost was $75.
on November 15, 2016
This actually doesnt come with enough track to complete a figure 8 on some of the smaller lionel sets. The smaller lionel sets (40x50 track dimensions, but in particular the Peanuts Halloween set) only come with 2 straight pieces for the oval, not four. This requires 4 straight pieces (obviously).
I use fasttrack on my main layout. For some reason the center of the cross piece seems to make the engine jump slightly. Enough where if the train is going slow enough it will actually shut off for a second as it jumps off the track and then resets when it goes back on. Hard to explain. A little bump in the track type of thing. Its not very smooth through the cross and I did have it on a flat surface.
With that exception, it is what you would expect from lionel. The tracks are solid, easy to put together, and work fine.
on January 7, 2016
Everything fit together very well, but the steam engine would have a power hiccup almost every time it traveled over the crossover, and would frequently lose power altogether. Has something to do with the plastic ridges that stick up between the rails, I'm sure. Will bring it with me to a local train show this weekend and see if anyone knows how to alter it to work reliably.
on December 29, 2014
This worked great to turn the basic 40x60" oval into a figure 8. I read other reviews saying it did not have enough pieces to do it, but I did not encounter that problem. My son really likes watching the train go round the figure 8. A little pricey but worth it. No issues with train derailment. I used this with the Pennsylvania flyer train set, and it works great. The FasTrack track is easy to use and easy to set up. Works well on carpet and hardwood floors, no need for a board underneath.
on December 31, 2015
This track expansion kit makes your oval track much bigger. It snaps together easily like the rest of the fastracks they offer. Personally I love the detail on them but do not like the performance. Our track is mounted on a flat board and we constantly are loosing power. You have to knock on the track every couple laps to make the connection better. It seems that if you purchase the fastrack set, then you may have to soder it or wire each piece together to make it function properly.
on January 16, 2015
Great addition to my Christmas village layout but expensive. I love this new Lionel track but geez it is expensive. One time investment so I bit the bullet and I'm glad I did. It does make the layout longer so pay attention to the size you will end up. I have it on a standard 4 x 8 plywood and it works out great. My Christmas village is a Manger scene in one of the circles and a Dept 56 village in the other. Minus one star because of the cost.
on December 20, 2016
I bought it for my grandson and he was so thrilled until we put it together and there is no power at the crossover. We rigged it up with an accessory cord to the crossover so he could see it work. This is a real temporary way because the wires will disconnect very easily, because there is no real way to connect to the accessory cord. Lionel needs to work on this.
on August 13, 2015
This is a nice addition to my beginner set. the reason I'm knocking off two starts is that the middle 4-way piece causes derailing fairly often. It's not completely even, and the trains seem to bounce a tad when going through over it. It doesn't matter if it's fast or a medium speed, I get derails at random times on that piece.
on February 3, 2013
if you need to extend your basic track, this is the easy way. Matches perfectly with my existing Lionel track. Seems very expensive, but all train gear is; looking around Amazon's deal was good and shipping is always fast.
on July 6, 2017
Kids love it

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.