Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lionel FasTrack Outer Passing Loop Add-on Pack
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 2, 2010
A gift sent to my two grandsons after gifting them a trainset the year prior. A great addition to the original present.

Assembly

- not that I was upset one bit :) - but I was called to assemble some sections that were beyond the strength of my youngest grandchild and the older one was 'afraid' to force anything ... a wise young man indeed. The concept of where to add the tracks to complete the layout was an educational experience - both boys were mechanically inclined and assembled the new track plan much faster than I thought.

Durability

- the manual switches work well - the signal switch indicators looked fragile - were fragile, and one of the plastic flags broke off soon after track assembly. No harm to the operation of the switches - but the design could be improved to be both 'little and big boy proof'.

Appearance

- The gray plastic roadbed is a great addition to the original bare 3 rail track of my generation. The middle (power rail) in minimized in thickness to minimize that rail - making the track much more realistic than my train sets of the mid-1950's early 1960's. Great looking and kept the interest of both boys.

Comments

- sigh - like so many other electrical items - 'made in China' appears on the box. I'm glad the LIONEL brand still exists - but saddened to see yet another piece of Americana go offshore ...

Worth the money? What are grandpa's for? The gleem in the eyes of my grandboys was priceless - and my own 'fun meter' was pegged as days of my first hobby were recreated.
on December 22, 2010
While this is a very basic layout, you would assume a high level of quality from Lionel. Unfortunately, the track switches are very cheaply made out of plastic and only lasted two days w/ my kids... They are made of plastic and are quite fragile.
on March 7, 2011
The track was added to my grandson's set. One of the switches was immediately broken because it is made of thin, cheap plastic. I would not recommend this item unless the switches are improved.
on January 13, 2011
No problems with the track itself. The sign posts that insert into the mechanism that changes the track is very delicate and was broken on arrival. The seller replaced it for me with no problems.
on September 1, 2015
Seemed like a good value for the package. This gave us some additional flexibility to our train layout. All the parts were as you expect and we've had no trouble with them. Adds a nice bit to a standard oval. Good first addition to a packaged train set.
on January 14, 2013
i was about to say 100% satisfied until I tried to use the manual switch actuator. It was worse when my grandson tried to operate the actuator. he normally has a light touch with most things but these lasted less than ten minutes. Plastic is not the answer. these parts need to be metal ! Offering an electric actuator would be a great option also.
on January 18, 2011
We purchased the Lionel-FT Outer Passing Loop Track Pack O to expand a new Lionel train set. When received one piece on one of the manal switchs was broken. In the past 2 weeks the other switching arm broke. Its design is terrible! The switching arms arm made of inferior plastic and are not reinforced. Any pressure breaks them. Lionel should redesign these products to make them more bullet proof and useable.
on February 24, 2015
I was so easy to add this on to my layout and my grandson thinks its the greatest. I only wish that the switchtracks were mechanical and, for the price, they should be. But all in all this adds a lot to the excitement my grandson has for the train set.
on January 30, 2009
The fast track outer loop is great to run, I did hit the switch stop sign and broke but I think I can fix it with some glue. Over all I am having a ball. Don
on May 24, 2013
This was a Christmas present for a 7 year old to go with his first Lionel train. Worked great. Easy to assemble.