Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 6, 2017
Depsite tight connections and clean track/trains, trains frequently stall on temporary layout around Christmas tree placed on hardwood. This requires a track rebuild wherever stall occurs, then trains work again only to stall later on another piece of track. Frustrating and bummer for kids.

Lionel should have designed the Fastrack connections better. If I used Fastrack on a permanent build, I would wire every piece of track to the power terminal and screw it down. But before undertaking that endeavor, I would try another brand of track.
2 people found this helpful
on December 27, 2014
This year we have super-sized our Christmas train track to over 60 pieces of track. To lessen the chances of dead spots on your track, I suggest that you crimp the center connection slightly to make a tighter fit. The best way I found to do it was using an adjustable needles nose pliers (vise grips) and start to adjoin the two pieces of track. With the center prong started crimp down the female sections. With the pieces partially inserted it's less likely to over crimp the part. If you do you can just use a small screw driver to open it back up.
4 people found this helpful
on December 20, 2012
What can I say, this is a "needed" item for my Christmas tree train (Penn Flyer). Two things I am not crazy on: the price - a bit on the higher end, and the black stuff that gets on everything the tracks touch - hands, clothes and etc. I wiped and wiped the tracks with dry rags and the black stuff continues to come off... I guess this is the thing with O-gauge tracks. Though I can't be sure, I am guessing the black stuff isn't harmful...
11 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on March 16, 2018
The old type Lionel track was brilliant and bullet proof and very versatile. However it was very difficult to make it look good on a layout. The fastrack is much better in appearance and very quick to assemble either permanently or as a demonstration on almost any surface. It is more accurate than the old track and the trains new or old run on it very well. Assembly sometimes needs a little force to clip it together and the end result is not always positive as the clipping mechanism is in the plastic and not as positive as it could be. In larger permanent railroads, it can be difficult to hide all the joints as if the temperature of the building changes than expansion and contraction of both the plastic and metal can mean that it is not possible on a long run to do it without some gaps. I prefer it to the old track in permanent situations when the funding is available as the cost is high compared with the old track.
|0Comment|Report abuse
We bought my train crazy 5 year old his first o gauge “big boy” train for Christmas this year (Pennsylvania Flyer Lion chief) and I ordered this set of track to go along with it. I’m glad I did! They’re a little pricey and they don’t always snap together with ease but they work great and are well made. I can recommend to go with the Lionel o gauge electric trains. I paid full price for this and didn’t get a discount for reviewing. Hope this helps!
review imagereview image
on May 26, 2018
Connected very well, just has a different color tone from the original track that came with the Lionel Train sets we just purchased.
Not a huge deal, but you can definitely see the color difference.
I would think that if both items we're directly from Lionel that they would be the same color.
Either way, it's a great product and this wouldn't stop me from buying again.
on March 11, 2018
Got them to add to my Harry Potter Hogwarts Express to place under Christmas tree. Unfortunately they made it to large for the 4X4 piece of plywood the tree was on. So I'll have to get a bigger piece for next year.
They work fine with the track that came with the train, made to exacting standards of Lionel.
on January 13, 2018
Lionel just isn’t what it used to be. These are not durable and crack easily. We had our train under the Christmas tree and continued to find cracked segments of track which made the train stall. We have hardwood floors so the flooring should not have been an issue.
on August 4, 2017
These come packaged nicely and color/fit matches the original as it should. Quick and easy expansion set when you need those last couple of inches.
One person found this helpful
on March 12, 2018
Very easy to put together. Got my old tube track out of storage from unheated machine shed for a 8 yr great grandson and had trouble putting together. Had to clean old pins and lot of track rusty. 8 yr old started snapping his track together and was running. I set up a layout after I spent many days cleaning. He had his fas track together and running his new Christmas present. To fill the top of the pool table we needed 4 more sections. Saw I could get the sections to run my old track but his was easier.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.