Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Our Best Wines Holiday Savings with 1¢ Shipping Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis bourne Shop Now 25% off select Graco products

Size: Inquiries - by email|Change

Showing 1-10 of 235 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on December 20, 2012
What can I say, this is a "needed" item for my Christmas tree train (Penn Flyer). Two things I am not crazy on: the price - a bit on the higher end, and the black stuff that gets on everything the tracks touch - hands, clothes and etc. I wiped and wiped the tracks with dry rags and the black stuff continues to come off... I guess this is the thing with O-gauge tracks. Though I can't be sure, I am guessing the black stuff isn't harmful...
on December 27, 2014
Totally not the normal use for this I know, but I used these sections to create a small display shelf for my father's Christmas 1940 Lionel train. I used a Dremel to cut off the pins on the ends. The tracks have countersunk holes in them for using small flat-head screws to fasten the sections down, but I have no idea what size screw they intend those holes for - it's far too small for a #6, and anything smaller than a #6 is nearly impossible to find in a long enough length to reach. But, a quick pass with a 5/32" drill bit to widen each hole allowed me to use #6x5/8" screws to fasten the tracks to the shelf.
review image review image
on November 3, 2014
Poor center rail connection - 12 of the 16 track sections would not work with FasTrack purchased 3 years ago and some of the new track sections wouldn't work with each other. I don't know if I got a bad bunch or not, but now I'm going to purchase from a local store.
on January 12, 2015
At first these rails didn't work and I figured that I had the same problem as other bad reviewers here. But I was able to fix the problem.

The center rail was the problem. I cleaned the "pins" and the rails with Goo Gone. And then I carefully squeezed the center rails so that there was more friction upon insertion. This gave better contact. If you squeeze it too much the rails won't go together. So just pry it apart until they fit.

Hope this works for you.

Good luck and have fun.
on December 17, 2012
Not much to say here...Lionel makes a great product. I bought two sets of these 4-packs to expand our Polar Express train set as the included track wasn't enough to comfortably encircle our Christmas tree. Adding these 8 pieces did the trick!
on January 3, 2012
i love the fast tracks. It hooked into our original fast track without any problems, the train had great connection and we had no problems. i wish i bought a ton more!
on December 17, 2015
These are just what I needed to make my track a little bigger to go around my christmas tree. They are the same quality that came with my train. I also bought some curved pieces but they have not arrived yet. I hope that they are the same quality!!
on December 8, 2015
get ready to spend more time..messing with the track than enjoying your trains. on the surface, fastrack seems like a great idea. wider, flatter, realistic looking, what more could you want, right? well, this is all very true..theoretically at least. as an electrician by trade I can tell you that when you pick up and shake a piece of material and you hear rattle rattle rattle..that is not a good thing. electric and rattle do not mix. it means that the electrical connections will not be solid, that they will be subject to a loss of continuity, and that the circuit will likely open at some point along the line, and, fastrack is no exception to the rule. of course, this can be corrected by the use of 'dropouts', or separately run wires to various pieces of track along the loop back to a common junction point. but I ask you, given that a piece of fastrack, be it straight, curved, half, whatever, goes for a minimum of five bucks, is this the answer for all of those problems you had with the old all-metal track? oh, it's great on the carpet. and in a set, don't think for a minute that they don't know just how much track to give you so that you don't immediately have a problem..but add a couple pieces of track to make it a little longer..well, don't be surprised if you wind up behind the xmas tree gathering up your cars when they stall..
on October 1, 2016
For the price of FasTrack straight sections you just cannot beat their price. This is the second set I have purchased in less than a week and both sets are perfect! Right out of the packaging, they are easy to connect and no defects. Lionel does make quality products even though most of their products are now made in China.
on November 18, 2014
A piece of garbage, especially considering the price. Setup easily enough (8'X12' oval), engine ran for a length of 4-6 pieces of track and stopped. Ran several engines with same result. Took apart & built smaller 4'X6' oval. Train ran fine, substituted all pieces of track and all worked fine. Re-built original 8'X12' layout, and again, train WOULD NOT run. Have spent 12 hours trying to figure out problem, I am running a Lionel ZW 275 transformer. All other trains on O and O27 guage track are working fine. Frustrating, don't have the time or patience to "test" this product. Going back to dependable O or O27 guage for this oval layout. Sending this back.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.