Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lionel - FasTrack - Straight Track - 4 Pack
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on December 28, 2011
We purchased this to extend our Lionel O-gauge Polar Express train. These track pieces fit perfectly with that set. I would recommend this product if additional track is needed.
on December 20, 2012
What can I say, this is a "needed" item for my Christmas tree train (Penn Flyer). Two things I am not crazy on: the price - a bit on the higher end, and the black stuff that gets on everything the tracks touch - hands, clothes and etc. I wiped and wiped the tracks with dry rags and the black stuff continues to come off... I guess this is the thing with O-gauge tracks. Though I can't be sure, I am guessing the black stuff isn't harmful...
on November 3, 2014
Poor center rail connection - 12 of the 16 track sections would not work with FasTrack purchased 3 years ago and some of the new track sections wouldn't work with each other. I don't know if I got a bad bunch or not, but now I'm going to purchase from a local store.
on December 27, 2014
Totally not the normal use for this I know, but I used these sections to create a small display shelf for my father's Christmas 1940 Lionel train. I used a Dremel to cut off the pins on the ends. The tracks have countersunk holes in them for using small flat-head screws to fasten the sections down, but I have no idea what size screw they intend those holes for - it's far too small for a #6, and anything smaller than a #6 is nearly impossible to find in a long enough length to reach. But, a quick pass with a 5/32" drill bit to widen each hole allowed me to use #6x5/8" screws to fasten the tracks to the shelf.
review image review image
on December 17, 2012
Not much to say here...Lionel makes a great product. I bought two sets of these 4-packs to expand our Polar Express train set as the included track wasn't enough to comfortably encircle our Christmas tree. Adding these 8 pieces did the trick!
on January 3, 2012
i love the fast tracks. It hooked into our original fast track without any problems, the train had great connection and we had no problems. i wish i bought a ton more!
on February 4, 2015
This Lionel FasTrack was used to supplement a curved pack I purchased. It looked identical to the other FasTrack purchased, and the build quality was what you would expect from Lionel. The pieces were a little smaller than I had visualized, but they list the dimensions clearly on the product description so double check those if you're shopping for a specific size.
on February 16, 2015
I am not sold on the Lionel Fas Track, it is not really as easy to get them together as they say. In this package of four track sections only two went together well, the other two I cannot get them together well enough to complete the electrical circuit. The center, short pin is the problem, it doesn't always make the connection and I have been around Lionel Trains for an awfully long time yet I still cannot get two of these track sections to work.
on December 8, 2015
get ready to spend more time..messing with the track than enjoying your trains. on the surface, fastrack seems like a great idea. wider, flatter, realistic looking, what more could you want, right? well, this is all very true..theoretically at least. as an electrician by trade I can tell you that when you pick up and shake a piece of material and you hear rattle rattle rattle..that is not a good thing. electric and rattle do not mix. it means that the electrical connections will not be solid, that they will be subject to a loss of continuity, and that the circuit will likely open at some point along the line, and, fastrack is no exception to the rule. of course, this can be corrected by the use of 'dropouts', or separately run wires to various pieces of track along the loop back to a common junction point. but I ask you, given that a piece of fastrack, be it straight, curved, half, whatever, goes for a minimum of five bucks, is this the answer for all of those problems you had with the old all-metal track? oh, it's great on the carpet. and in a set, don't think for a minute that they don't know just how much track to give you so that you don't immediately have a problem..but add a couple pieces of track to make it a little longer..well, don't be surprised if you wind up behind the xmas tree gathering up your cars when they stall..
on December 27, 2014
This year we have super-sized our Christmas train track to over 60 pieces of track. To lessen the chances of dead spots on your track, I suggest that you crimp the center connection slightly to make a tighter fit. The best way I found to do it was using an adjustable needles nose pliers (vise grips) and start to adjoin the two pieces of track. With the center prong started crimp down the female sections. With the pieces partially inserted it's less likely to over crimp the part. If you do you can just use a small screw driver to open it back up.