Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 248 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 270 reviews
on January 12, 2015
At first these rails didn't work and I figured that I had the same problem as other bad reviewers here. But I was able to fix the problem.

The center rail was the problem. I cleaned the "pins" and the rails with Goo Gone. And then I carefully squeezed the center rails so that there was more friction upon insertion. This gave better contact. If you squeeze it too much the rails won't go together. So just pry it apart until they fit.

Hope this works for you.

Good luck and have fun.
on January 6, 2017
Depsite tight connections and clean track/trains, trains frequently stall on temporary layout around Christmas tree placed on hardwood. This requires a track rebuild wherever stall occurs, then trains work again only to stall later on another piece of track. Frustrating and bummer for kids.

Lionel should have designed the Fastrack connections better. If I used Fastrack on a permanent build, I would wire every piece of track to the power terminal and screw it down. But before undertaking that endeavor, I would try another brand of track.
on December 20, 2012
What can I say, this is a "needed" item for my Christmas tree train (Penn Flyer). Two things I am not crazy on: the price - a bit on the higher end, and the black stuff that gets on everything the tracks touch - hands, clothes and etc. I wiped and wiped the tracks with dry rags and the black stuff continues to come off... I guess this is the thing with O-gauge tracks. Though I can't be sure, I am guessing the black stuff isn't harmful...
44 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2014
This year we have super-sized our Christmas train track to over 60 pieces of track. To lessen the chances of dead spots on your track, I suggest that you crimp the center connection slightly to make a tighter fit. The best way I found to do it was using an adjustable needles nose pliers (vise grips) and start to adjoin the two pieces of track. With the center prong started crimp down the female sections. With the pieces partially inserted it's less likely to over crimp the part. If you do you can just use a small screw driver to open it back up.
on December 7, 2016
Would give them a perfect score but they come lose far too easy. It's really annoying. Otherwise, once they are setup they work perfectly.
on February 16, 2015
I am not sold on the Lionel Fas Track, it is not really as easy to get them together as they say. In this package of four track sections only two went together well, the other two I cannot get them together well enough to complete the electrical circuit. The center, short pin is the problem, it doesn't always make the connection and I have been around Lionel Trains for an awfully long time yet I still cannot get two of these track sections to work.
on January 3, 2012
i love the fast tracks. It hooked into our original fast track without any problems, the train had great connection and we had no problems. i wish i bought a ton more!
on March 23, 2017
works as expected
on March 16, 2017
Fit well as always.
on April 17, 2017
they work nicely going to order more around Hanukah/Christmas time

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.