Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on April 14, 2011
A nice kit with several useful products all in one, I bought it for a gift. ***Note that it does not include the smoke drops pictured on the listing picture. I was ordering a number of train accessories all at once and didn't notice this when I read the description. My fault I suppose for not catching that when I read it, but then again I wouldn't expect an item that was not going to be included to be shown in the picture, which I felt was a bit misleading and very disappointing. Contact with the seller did not resolve the issue, no smoke drops and no explanation/apology for the why they were shown in the picture. Other than that, very nice and useful kit.
on December 15, 2012
The set arrived within the delivery estimate. It is good quality product to lubricate my 60 year old Lionel train. The problem I have with it is the oil container is not properly sealed and the oil leaks out. Most manufacturers have a sealed container that the tip has to be cut off to use. On this tube of oil, the tip is already open and the cap does not fit securely. When it arrived the cardboard backing on the bubble pack was oil soaked and you could see where about a 1/4" of oil was gone from the container. I had found the same condition when I visited a local hobby shop, the oil tube in that set had lost about 1" of oil.
on January 24, 2017
Brought my Dad's 027 train set back to life. I don't think any care was given to that poor train set in 60 years. Did the trick.

It is expensive, for what it does, so I knocked off 1 star. I'm sure I paid for the name, and because I was scared that WD-40 would destroy an heirloom. The good news is that it'll go a long way and should need to buy this again for a long time.
on April 13, 2015
Product arrived on time however some of the oil had leaked out of the oil tube - not sure how so the package was soiled with oil and there was only about 1/2 of the oil remaining in the dispenser. May have been caused if shipped via air but the oil flask needs a screw on top. Rest was fine. Thank you.
on May 25, 2017
Works great for my trains
on February 13, 2017
Bought in June knowing when I pulled my train out for Christmas I would need to perform Maintenance. I stored product unopened until November. When I opened the package the cardboard was greasy, soaked in the oil and the tube of oil was empty. Waste of money when the oil is gone and I haven't even opened the package.
on April 17, 2017
good for trains
on December 12, 2013
Poor Packaging. Oil leaked and white grease container is cracked upon arrival. I wanted to return these but became difficult to ship with leaking containers. In the end I decided not to pursue a refund of my $12. I believe these could be discontinued items as there are newer versions available with different packaging. Buyer beware.
on February 9, 2015
Unfortunately when I received the package, the half of the oil had leaked out. I don't see a clear break or anything, it just seems like a bad design on the container itself. The kit is nice, in that it includes all the right things,
on November 5, 2016
Probably over priced but at least you know it's the right stuff. The oil should have a metal needle oiler container.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question