Lionel North Pole Express Train Set - O-Gauge
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Transformer controlled forward, neutral, and reverse operation and air whistle in tender
- Puffing smoke unit and operating headlight
- Powerful maintenance free motor and die cast metal locomotive body with metal frame and trucks
- Engineer and fireman figures and removable trees on gondola
- Boxcar plays Christmas music with on/off switch and interior illumination in caboose
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
This set has 5 cars, 3 were or are defective - C'mon Lionel, you have to do better than this!
1. The music boxcar is a neat idea, but we rarely have it on. The sound quality is mediocre, and it does not have a volume control
2. The video I watched from Lionel shows a very visible puffing locomotive. In reality, the locomotive smoke is barely visible. We leave the smoker off (There are numerous videos/directions online on how to improve the smoke output, however).
The locomotive has great detail, and the lighted caboose is fun. This is my first use of the new O gauge track (I have used the older style tube track), and the track goes down fast and easy.
The pictured car with trees standing in it is bull. You'd need to glue them
down to keep them upright - but no big deal for me though. We don't use the
trees inside the car. The platformed track is nice & stable.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It does not work all the time. Something wrong electrically in the control box.. I paid a lot of money for this item. Expected it to be in working condition. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Jean S.
Shipping was fantastic. Train works fine although it won't really be used until Christmas.Published on July 6, 2014 by Warren C Hoaglund
We purchased this for around the Christmas tree and it was a huge hit with the kids. Very durable construction (stood up to my 2 year old) and we'll put together. Read morePublished on February 14, 2014 by Marc Olden
Not user friendly, quite noisy I would probably not buy it again. My expectations were different, but I guess it depends what you are looking for.Published on January 15, 2014 by Mon
the smoker on the engine does not work 2 of the couplers on the cars don't hold u can tell it is made in china how do I get these repairs madePublished on January 11, 2014 by randy roman
Is was easy to set up. The sections of track went together easy. Connecting the engine to the coal car was easy as was the rest of the cars to each other. Read morePublished on January 3, 2014 by Rodney Mitchell
We purchased this train to incorporate with our Dicken's Village pieces. They look great together. We purchased a few more Lionel Christmas train pieces and accessories to complete... Read morePublished on January 1, 2014 by Sue
Nice train, easy to put together. Only downside is that it's kind of loud while it's running. But all in all its pretty good and looks good around the tree.Published on December 31, 2013 by Amazon Customer