Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on May 28, 2009
I bought this for my Husband's birthday as an add on train to his Polar Express O gauge Train Set. He was thrilled with it. It shipped in excellent condition and in a super timely fashion. The seller was excellent to work with and we can't wait to add this to our set this coming Christmas!!
on August 23, 2010
I enjoy the look and the technical aspect of the way the Hobo flips inside the car roof. The effect is easy to work with and effective to show the kids and get their, Wow! emotion.
on November 20, 2012
The product itself is great but I was mislead by the product description. It made it sound like the Hobo was automated but its not, you have to move him yourself whenever you want him to "disappear". Its still cool but I probably would have bought another type of car had this been clearer to me.
on February 7, 2010
It just keeps getting better and better. Here is another neat looking addition to my grandson Ashton's Polar Express train set. Well made and durable. The little hobo looks so neat sitting there on top of the car going around the track. It really looks good in the setup. A must have for the Polar Express train set. You will not be disappointed. Highly recommended.
on February 18, 2015
I got this because it is part of the story. It is OK, but it is too bad that the "fire" on the roof wasn't lit up and flickering in some way. Shouldn't be hard to do. Also, would be nice if Hobo was mechanized so that he appeared and disappeared on his own, which would be more fun to watch.
on September 21, 2011
Another nice addition to the Polar Express collection. The detail of the hobo and fire assembly is less than spectacular. For the cost of the car, Lionel could have added logs and a coffee cup as seen in the movie. Competitively priced on Amazon. Quick shipping.
on December 19, 2011
I purchased this car as an addition to my husband's train as a Christmas present. I just received the car and gave it to him early so that he can use it this year at Christmas. He is quite pleased with the car as it is a great addition to the Polar Express train that we already have. I would recommend this purchase to anyone that is a hobbiest or just for pure enjoyment!
on December 14, 2011
I bought the Disappearing Hobo polar express car for my husband and he is absolutely thrilled with it. Iron Horse Hobby was positively wonderful by calling me to explain a problem I thought I had but it turned out I didn't. Thank you all for your help and understanding.
on January 23, 2013
Not what I expected - need to manually raise and lower the hobo. To do this need to stop the whole train.
on December 2, 2016
My grandson was so excited to see that the elves had delivered the train and had it set up under the tree 2 days ago. Unfortunately it broke after the first day. The pins under one of the cars came apart. Fortunately his father who is good mechanically was able to fix it. Periodically it just stops working and you have to readjust it on the tracks. We keep holding our breath that something else doesn't break. I don't remember these problems when my cousins had trains years ago. The construction was much sturdier than. My grandson is very careful and hasn't been hard on his trains. I'm very disappointed in the shoddy construction. I bought another Lionel set 2 years ago and the steam engine stopped working after a couple of months. I would not recommend Lionel trains to anyone.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.