Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on July 10, 2014
Great train set for the price that serves my purpose. I wanted an electric train to go around my halloween tree and village this year and this is it. I haven't tried out the smoke unit yet but the set itself runs great. Arrived quickly and packaged fine. Thanks Amazon. I also ordered an extra car thru Amazon which I also received and works fine with this set. Thanks again Amazon and Lionel for great quality and service. I am also hoping to order a train set for my my Christmas village from Lionel's 2014 catalog ( the Victorian Christmas set). I am hoping Amazon will stock this set when it is released.
on July 31, 2016
Smoke stack feature never did work. Everything else worked as advertised and the kids have a lot of fun operating the train. They do get bored of the train after watching it go around in circles for 10 minutes. I will have to buy additional track and other features to keep them occupied for a longer period of time.
on February 12, 2017
Purchased two sets in 2015 to give away as Grand Prizes for my Halloween games. I would love to add the pic of the lucky kid (and his mom) who received one of the sets, but I don't have their permission or even know who there were. The second set was claimed by one of my grandkids who helped with the event. Of course, that set is still here and comes out nearly every time the grandkids are visiting. It works perfect and has a great audio mix of phrases and Halloween-sounding music. I purchased another for this year and will likely get a couple of more just to hand out as prizes once again. With added track, the kids continue to fully enjoy this set by running it through new layouts. I hated to see a couple of reviewers had functioning issues. This set is so cool since it reminds me of my earliest Halloween memory...that being the Peanuts Halloween cartoon. If I had issues with my sets (assuming the set given away was free of defects), I would certainly state that. Bad reviews always 'spook' me away from Amazon products. If you're 'still on the fence' with this product, feel free to stop by this Halloween and maybe your trick-or-treater can win one for free!
on January 23, 2016
Great product, 3 and 6 year old boys loved it. Spent hours playing with it after retiring Lionel Frosty until next Christmas.
Caught it on sale for 129.00 +tax delivered.
on November 15, 2016
Surprisingly fun train! The Halloween sounds that this makes are the best sounds I have ever heard coming from a train. The werewolf howl instead of the whistle is fantastic.

You can do either / or with this train. Standard train sounds, the chugging with synchronized smoke and a regular whistle and bell, or as my daughter would say you can turn it into Halloween mode and all of the sounds become Halloween themed.

I would give this a 5 out of 5 however the graphics on this set are pretty basic. The sounds dont relate to Peanuts in any way and I think they could have done a slightly better job at making this a Peanuts train for Halloween. its kind of a "monster mash" if you will of classic halloween sounds and scares with Peanuts pictures on the cars.
on December 17, 2015
Love it, noises are great, it's what you expect from a Lionel.
on January 15, 2017
Piece of crap. I bought one that had no audio (yes the switches were on) so I returned it for another that only had idling audio and just simply didn't run. Two sets in a row that didn't work straight from Lionel. What a big disappointment.
on March 26, 2017
Excellent train for excellent price
Of the remotes is very reasonably priced.
If has more better sound options than preceeding
on April 22, 2017
My son loves this train. Can't wait until Halloween to add to our Halloween display. Pay attention to the description, the engine and tender sounds effect won't work with regular Lionel transformer setup but works great with wireless remote setup.
on February 2, 2016
Sound is great! Box cars and caboose don't have great detail. The supplemental Peanuts Halloween cars available from Lionel make a great addition.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.