Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on December 13, 2010
The caribou that is 9 X 7.5 inches not 15 X 9. The caribou are 1.25 inches high at the back. Basically about the size of your wheels on your O gauge engine. The animals are nothing like the picture. They look like cows with horns, except even the horns are backwards. Don't buy these! I'm so mad. My kids want to keep them because they were a present from Grandma, but they cost $26. To add insult to injury, I also bought the fox and rabits. The picture has 6 fox, I got 3. I will try to post an image.
review image review image
on July 9, 2012
I am collecting the items associated with the Lionel Polar Express O Scale Train Set and thought this would make a nice addition to the collection. Unfortunately - Like the wolf pack, they did not do their homework. The low down is as follows:

1) Everyone is using an old stock image of the Caribou Pack - If this pack was ever really produced I don't know - I know that it would have been much better than what they are producing right now.
2) As an FYI, Caribou have horns/antlers that face forward. (Like in the Movie - Hint Hint and the incorrectly used Stock Image Representing the Product - Hint Hint)
3) The picture shows the animals on stands. It also shows a nice coloration of the animals from the movie. (You Don't Receive That Product)
4) What you get are 6 Adult Deer (Yes Deer - Check the Antlers) which are light brown with no stands. Shame on you Lionel or Lionel Marketing Department - Maybe they were designed in China by someone who never saw the movie. (Not sure if Caribou are on the Main Land of China? FYI: Lionel Moved Production to China of all Trains in early 2000).

Anyway don't buy it unless you plan on putting it away as part of a collection or unless you want to buy six over priced $1.50 Cent Plastic Deer for $26.00 and your sure your child has no idea what a Caribou really looks like.

Another Item Not to Buy: Lionel Polar Express Wolves and Rabbits Animal Pack
on June 17, 2016
Great addition to Polar Express train layout. Good quality. MSRP seems high, but bought two packs through Amazon Warehouse deal at less than half price and the caribou were perfect. The packaging was a little faded which is probably why they cost so little compared to normal price, but I bought them to use and not collect. Would have bought more were they available!
on December 14, 2016
These are a great addition to my Polar Express train that I put under my Christmas tree. Though, they don't stand too well on their own. I have them placed on cotton batting "snow" and they don't stand at all. I need to fashion something to make them stand up.
on March 30, 2017
My son loves trains
on March 12, 2017
Gift for my grandson and his train set
on March 2, 2017
love these guys - but they were pricey
on December 15, 2016
Love the Caribous to add to our existing train set..
on January 18, 2017
It's a "must have" for polar express fans
on October 1, 2012
Only bought because on my son's wish list. I have Christmas village every year and have found better and less expensive comparable items. Was disappointed when saw these but not worth returning.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question