Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 13, 2010
The caribou that is 9 X 7.5 inches not 15 X 9. The caribou are 1.25 inches high at the back. Basically about the size of your wheels on your O gauge engine. The animals are nothing like the picture. They look like cows with horns, except even the horns are backwards. Don't buy these! I'm so mad. My kids want to keep them because they were a present from Grandma, but they cost $26. To add insult to injury, I also bought the fox and rabits. The picture has 6 fox, I got 3. I will try to post an image.
review imagereview image
31 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 9, 2012
I am collecting the items associated with the Lionel Polar Express O Scale Train Set and thought this would make a nice addition to the collection. Unfortunately - Like the wolf pack, they did not do their homework. The low down is as follows:

1) Everyone is using an old stock image of the Caribou Pack - If this pack was ever really produced I don't know - I know that it would have been much better than what they are producing right now.
2) As an FYI, Caribou have horns/antlers that face forward. (Like in the Movie - Hint Hint and the incorrectly used Stock Image Representing the Product - Hint Hint)
3) The picture shows the animals on stands. It also shows a nice coloration of the animals from the movie. (You Don't Receive That Product)
4) What you get are 6 Adult Deer (Yes Deer - Check the Antlers) which are light brown with no stands. Shame on you Lionel or Lionel Marketing Department - Maybe they were designed in China by someone who never saw the movie. (Not sure if Caribou are on the Main Land of China? FYI: Lionel Moved Production to China of all Trains in early 2000).

Anyway don't buy it unless you plan on putting it away as part of a collection or unless you want to buy six over priced $1.50 Cent Plastic Deer for $26.00 and your sure your child has no idea what a Caribou really looks like.

Another Item Not to Buy: Lionel Polar Express Wolves and Rabbits Animal Pack
17 people found this helpful
on June 17, 2016
Great addition to Polar Express train layout. Good quality. MSRP seems high, but bought two packs through Amazon Warehouse deal at less than half price and the caribou were perfect. The packaging was a little faded which is probably why they cost so little compared to normal price, but I bought them to use and not collect. Would have bought more were they available!
2 people found this helpful
on December 14, 2016
These are a great addition to my Polar Express train that I put under my Christmas tree. Though, they don't stand too well on their own. I have them placed on cotton batting "snow" and they don't stand at all. I need to fashion something to make them stand up.
on August 29, 2017
Purchased these for my four year old son to go with his polar express train. They are perfect. So far so good. Nothing has broken or lost!
on October 20, 2017
For a boy who loves polar express this was such a great find. Love the detail in each piece
on December 15, 2016
Love the Caribous to add to our existing train set..
on January 18, 2017
5 yr old loved them.
on December 25, 2017
These were a Christmas gift for my son. He LOVES them! These figures are great with his Polar Express train set!
on January 25, 2018
Purchased for my daughter for use in a school project. She's thrilled with them.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.