Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $45.62 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Lionel Thomas And Friends O-Gauge Train Set
|Price:||$187.58 & FREE Shipping|
- Includes Thomas The Tank engine with 3 interchangeable faces, annie, clarabel, three play figures, 3 straight FasTrack track sections and more
- Train length is 21", track layout is 40" x 60"
- Transformer controlled forward, neutral and reverse operation
- Moving eyes on thomas the tank engine and set of three interchangeable faces to change thomas's expression
- Electronic whistle, powerful maintenance-free motor and traction tire
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Also, MANY, inexpensive O-scale accessories and building kits are available from companies like Bachmann (Plasticville), so a very nice railroad is possible for a fairly low sum of money. Or, use ceramic buildings from Dept. 52, Lemax, and Hawthorne Village. (The people are too big, though, except for the people that come with Hawthorne Village sets.) In other words, one set around the tree for the youngsters could grow into any of a dozen hobbies. And, let's face it, for youngsters, Thomas is probably the best introduction to trains of any kind.
Paul Race, editor, Big Indoor Trains (tm)
The kit is the perfect size to go under most trees. I used all 12 tracks in a rounded square but you leave out 2 or 4 of the straight pieces if you want a smaller footprint. Set up was quick and painless. I had this running about 10 minutes after opening the box. Just snap the track together into the configuration you want, connect the two wires to the transformer, plug it in and go! My daughter screamed with excitement and that was the goal!
I should not the recommended age of 8 for this kit. The irony of course if that Thomas fans are generally under the age of eight. Therefore you have to assume you will be supervising you Thomas loving child any time he or she uses this. My daughter is only thee so it was very difficult to get her to understand she wasn't supposed to physically handle the moving train. That being said its worth the extra attention needed. Even if this is only a holiday arrangement I feel it was worth the price. It she grows into a train enthusiast so much the better!
Bottom line is this kit is a very good deal at this price. If you are a hard core train person you are obviously not the target audience for this set! For a beginner hoping to introduce you child to train this kit is just the ticket.
- Excellent quality figures, especially Sir Topham Hat
- Good quality FasTrack tracks and very good layout included
- Excellent look/feel of Annie and Clarabel - they seem like they would last forever, plus they have removal tops so that kids can put thinks inside
The not so good:
- Thomas felt "dinky" to say the least. We are used to reliable and strong Lionel engines, but this one was flimsy, and seemed very top heavy. The sounds out of Thomas were not at all what you might expect (i.e. similar whistle as from the show) and the connectors used between Thomas and the cars did not seem compatible with other Lionel sets, although I did not try that
- The transformer that comes along is of the low wattage variety, so if you expect to use it with other Lionel engines, keep in mind that only those with very low power requirements will work
- The moving eyes were not what I expected. Thomas looks strange going around in a plasticky-sounding engine with his eyes clickety-clack
So, back it goes, and the Lionel Polar Express one comes back (much, much better indeed).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A long time ago, I thought the Thomas and Friends stuff made by Lionel is junk, so we preferred the locomotives and train cars based on real world ones instead. Read morePublished 10 months ago by God's Grace
When the package arrived I opened it and the package with the transformer in it rattled. This was a present for a little boy and I could not give it to him in that condition. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Roger P Coyle
I got this Thomas train set from my uncle and have loved trains since I was little, and I was a HUGE Thomas fan! Read morePublished 20 months ago by randy don williams
My little cousin loves playing with this and he can't stop! Everytime I visit him, I see him have his train sets laying around with him playing.Published on July 31, 2014 by Sean