Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Size: 2.5" x 12" x 0.25" (Length x Width x Height)|Color: Brown|Change
Price:$5.93+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 1,548 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,686 reviews
on November 30, 2016
I buy from Amazon constantly and rarely take the time to post reviews. I know, I'm a slacker. But, holy moly, I can't in good conscience allow others to bring these into their homes. These utensils should be ashamed of themselves. One of the handles was already split upon opening, and the others are splintered and randomly splattered with what we can only hope is shellac. They were very inexpensive, so I kept my hopes low, but wow. I mean, just wow. Impressively disappointing. I thought about keeping them for... I don't know... when you need a flimsy, splintered piece of bamboo. But, I quickly realized that I will be deeply irritated every time I remember these exist. Hopefully, if I send them back, they will eventually fade from memory. In the immortal word of our 45th president, "Sad!"
on December 29, 2015
These are essentially the same as any other set, except for the cut quality.

Pros:
OK price
Wood is good quality
Standard variety

Cons:
Cut quality/fit and finish is terrible. Wherever there was a cut to shape these, there are a few stray splinters. One hole wasn't fully drilled, and a few more had shards of wood stretching across. All of the holes were placed at a different point on the handle by a few millimeters. It looked like I got an unfinished product. I had to sand them all down, drill the holes better, and cut some of the shapes more evenly.

Overall: Terrible quality control, needs an extra worker in the line with a square of sandpaper or something. The price was ok, but I would have liked to receive something I could use comfortably.
on April 2, 2017
For the price, these utensils have been quite acceptable.
I added a few observations that I wanted to make, pointing out some of the biggest complaints that I have seen in the reviews.

- This product is made from a fibrous plant material. Splinters are inevitable, although the wood splitting may be a bit much but will happen occasionally. The splitting will be exacerbated by letting the utensils soak in water and then let to dry out completely.
- It costs less than $6 US for cryin' out loud! You want better quality? Pay for it.
- I see no flaking lacquer, although they do seem to have a hard time absorbing the mineral oil that I keep applying not to mention that the finish is extremely dull as of none was applied.
- Some of the images depict shiny spots. If you will notice that these glossy areas are located where the material's grain density is as its highest and with very little effort will produce a sheen.
on November 6, 2015
DON'T USE THESE FOR FOOD! First of all, there was no MESH BAG. Just a plastic bag that they arrived in. But that isn't my issue. The problem is that the FIRST THING I noticed was a WIERD SMELL coming from the utensils. It smelled like ELMER'S GLUE or ADHESIVE. Sure enough when I looked at them closely they looked like they had been covered in some sort of VARNISH. There were Hardened GLOBS of it on the portion of the utensils that would come into contact with the food. I WON'T USE THESE. I am usually very careful about reading reviews so I don't know how I missed the comments left by other purchasers. I will look into returning them.
on January 29, 2013
I don't understand why Lipper International or whom ever produces these would think it a good idea to laquer a natural alternative cooking utencil!? ...Really? They were nicely sanded and no splinters were present but that only matters if you plan to use them as decorations or anything else you can think of, except meal prep or cooking, of course...I guess my kids can use them to play with in the sand box.
review image review image review image
1414 comments| 324 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2014
I'm not sure what to say about these in several respects as these are my first set of bamboo utensils. First, I bought them because they were a set of 6, not 5, like most other sets. Second, most of the utensils are made out of more than one piece of bamboo and I don't know if that's standard. I searched Amazon for bamboo utensils that were made out of one piece of bamboo, but couldn't find any. Third, I seasoned them thoroughly with Amazon's "Bayes Mineral Oil Wood Bamboo Protectant," many times -following the directions carefully. They never seemed to absorb much of the food-grade mineral oil. I don't know if that's typical. But they eventually darkened and seemed not as "hard" or "brittle."

I bought these as a gift for a friend. I would buy them again, but let them do the seasoning (lol). I gave them 4 stars because of the unknowns I enumerated above.
on December 8, 2015
See the photo and you will understand
review image
on March 19, 2016
Oh, my!! Who is the dingdong that thought it would be a good idea to SHELLAC these otherwise lovely bamboo serving utensils?? Fire that dude, burn ALL those utensils, and start over with some fresh bamboo.... Meanwhile, as Lipper, Int'l is busy doing THAT, you just head on over to Bed Bath & Beyond and find a set of SEVEN utensils for a dollar LESS-- and you guessed it-- they have NO SHELLAC!!! Unbelievable that they don't even put this in the description... I guess some dude realized his mistake too late and didn't want to get fired, so he hoped that (a) you wouldn't notice (??); or (b) you'd be too lazy to return these for a mere $5.99 plus shipping. (And did i mention, they are covered in SHELLAC?? Sorry, I am still in cognitive dissonance over here. Doesn't Amazon normally do better vetting?)
on June 4, 2017
These came in somewhat poor condition, lots of splinters on the sides and inside the holes and slits on the spoons. I went to a hardware store and got some 220 grit sandpaper for maybe 3 dollars and spent about 20 minutes sanding down each item very thoroughly, and they're much better now. I would recommend these items if you don't mind getting them sanded down first. Definitely be careful if you decide to use them without doing so first, because they are rough enough to hurt you if you're not careful. (I cut myself pretty badly on a splintered edge while sanding the first one down)
on May 4, 2017
Received all the utensils seen here. A couple of them were a little rough and needed sanding. Like the pasta spatula (one with the hole in the center) had wood bits sticking in the center where it was not cut properly. Easy to use a razor blade to remove excess and sand it down. Other than that, they are all what I was expecting. Not an 80$ set of wood spoons. Nice and simple bamboo. I needed to replace a bamboo spoon I've had for years and it was starting to crack.