Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

Lipper International 826 Bamboo Wood Kitchen Tools in Mesh Bag, 6-Piece Set
Size: 2.5" x 12" x 0.25" (Length x Width x Height)|Color: Bamboo Wood|Change
Price:$6.98+ Free shipping

on November 30, 2016
I buy from Amazon constantly and rarely take the time to post reviews. I know, I'm a slacker. But, holy moly, I can't in good conscience allow others to bring these into their homes. These utensils should be ashamed of themselves. One of the handles was already split upon opening, and the others are splintered and randomly splattered with what we can only hope is shellac. They were very inexpensive, so I kept my hopes low, but wow. I mean, just wow. Impressively disappointing. I thought about keeping them for... I don't know... when you need a flimsy, splintered piece of bamboo. But, I quickly realized that I will be deeply irritated every time I remember these exist. Hopefully, if I send them back, they will eventually fade from memory. In the immortal word of our 45th president, "Sad!"
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 29, 2015
These are essentially the same as any other set, except for the cut quality.

Pros:
OK price
Wood is good quality
Standard variety

Cons:
Cut quality/fit and finish is terrible. Wherever there was a cut to shape these, there are a few stray splinters. One hole wasn't fully drilled, and a few more had shards of wood stretching across. All of the holes were placed at a different point on the handle by a few millimeters. It looked like I got an unfinished product. I had to sand them all down, drill the holes better, and cut some of the shapes more evenly.

Overall: Terrible quality control, needs an extra worker in the line with a square of sandpaper or something. The price was ok, but I would have liked to receive something I could use comfortably.
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 2, 2017
For the price, these utensils have been quite acceptable.
I added a few observations that I wanted to make, pointing out some of the biggest complaints that I have seen in the reviews.

- This product is made from a fibrous plant material. Splinters are inevitable, although the wood splitting may be a bit much but will happen occasionally. The splitting will be exacerbated by letting the utensils soak in water and then let to dry out completely.
- It costs less than $6 US for cryin' out loud! You want better quality? Pay for it.
- I see no flaking lacquer, although they do seem to have a hard time absorbing the mineral oil that I keep applying not to mention that the finish is extremely dull as of none was applied.
- Some of the images depict shiny spots. If you will notice that these glossy areas are located where the material's grain density is as its highest and with very little effort will produce a sheen.
Top Contributor: Cookingon November 25, 2014
I'm not sure what to say about these in several respects as these are my first set of bamboo utensils. First, I bought them because they were a set of 6, not 5, like most other sets. Second, most of the utensils are made out of more than one piece of bamboo and I don't know if that's standard. I searched Amazon for bamboo utensils that were made out of one piece of bamboo, but couldn't find any. Third, I seasoned them thoroughly with Amazon's "Bayes Mineral Oil Wood Bamboo Protectant," many times -following the directions carefully. They never seemed to absorb much of the food-grade mineral oil. I don't know if that's typical. But they eventually darkened and seemed not as "hard" or "brittle."

I bought these as a gift for a friend. I would buy them again, but let them do the seasoning (lol). I gave them 4 stars because of the unknowns I enumerated above.
VINE VOICEon December 1, 2014
I would bet these are made in China and if you see something on this which shines like a nice plastic coating on it - it really scares the heck out of me. This is from a country which has a history of adding melamine in milk, ciprofloxacin in honey and make soy sauce from human hair (not bluffing - google them). No, I am not a China hater, I love their culture and people - it is just that few folks can make this kind of inferior quality stuff without thinking long term effects for the people using it.

I had earlier bought bamboo kitchen tools from another store and they did look like wood - no shine, just normal wood. These have this smooth plastic/artificial coating which the manufacturer is not disclosing.

Gave it a nice wash on the dishwasher and the shine did not go away - next I am planning to get a fine sandpaper and rub it off
on June 28, 2017
So, these are super cheap. And exactly what I needed!

Step 1, when you receive them: wash them in dishwasher, with sanitize cycle.

Step 2. With extremely fine, and I mean EXTREMELY fine sandpaper, rub them down.

Step 3. Rinse.

They will turn into excellent wooden tools. Why four stars and not 5? Because these are super easy steps. Why the manufacturer doesn't do them is beyond me. All they really have to do is use finer grit in production.
Received all the utensils seen here. A couple of them were a little rough and needed sanding. Like the pasta spatula (one with the hole in the center) had wood bits sticking in the center where it was not cut properly. Easy to use a razor blade to remove excess and sand it down. Other than that, they are all what I was expecting. Not an 80$ set of wood spoons. Nice and simple bamboo. I needed to replace a bamboo spoon I've had for years and it was starting to crack.
on November 6, 2016
So... when my 'traditional american' nylon cooking utensils started to melt and flake off into food I knew it was time to go to a non-melting cooking utensil. And since I'm eco-conscious, this seemed like a good idea.

They came quickly, in minimal packaging (a plastic mesh bag with a label, nothing fancy). At first I was put off by the cheap looking packaging, but in retrospect it was eco-friendly and I'm ok with that.

These work great. I cook with them all the time. I will say that you need to understand that Bamboo isn't completely smooth, so the edges of the utensils feel bumpy when you run your finger over them. They don't scratch your cookware though, it's just startling if you are unaware.

I recommend 'seasoning' them with a bit of cooking oil after their first wash. It helps to keep food from sticking to them, and makes them easier to wash.
on March 8, 2017
bad quality. either it's me, the unlucky, or the manufacturer in China decided to go cheap and lowered the quality standards. One of the spatula is missing part of the back, spoon looks unfinished and there are shiny spots here and there (lacking?). I have received a refund and will through it away and look for a different cooking set.
review imagereview imagereview image
on January 24, 2016
They have an inexpensive feel to them. They are very light and feel like they might snap or break. One of the spoons came with a gouge in it. The slotted spoon had what looked like slivers coming out from where they cut the slots out. We have Pampered Chef bamboo spoons so we thought we would try these because they were less money. It's not worth the amount of money we saved though. The PC ones said to hand wash only because they're wood. The Lipper International ones didn't come with any sort of cleaning instructions. We are hand washing them, but I think it should have come with instructions. The spoons that didn't have slivers or gouges out of them do work, but I would not buy these again. Next time I will pay a few more bucks to ensure the quality that I am looking for.