Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 322 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 364 reviews
on June 19, 2014
This stuff is great but my grocery store stopped carrying the Savory Herb with Garlic variety. (They carry all the others, so it's a mystery to me.) Anyways, this is great on vegetables and I missed it enough to order it online. I especially like it on the little red potatoes. I cut them up and put them in a large freezer bag. Then I add olive oil and the Savory Herb seasoning and shake the bag to mix it up well. Sometimes I add grated Parmesan to the mix. I place in a glass baking dish and bake in the oven. My mouth waters just writing about it! Delicious!
on December 9, 2015
I made a recipe I found using this! It was awesome! Here is the recipe: CHEESY GARLIC CHICKEN
More Sharing ServicesShare
INGREDIENTS

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
1/3 cup water
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish, then top with tomato.
Blend Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix, water and olive oil in small bowl. Pour over chicken.
Bake 20 minutes. Top with cheeses and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
on January 23, 2016
Lipton has created a wonderful mix for many uses with their Onion Mushroom soup. I love to use it in addition to my beef broth in the stews and roasts I make. A browned chuck roast with the addition of this mix and a can of cream of mushroom soup, wrapped tightly in foil, placed on a baking sheet and baked slowly at 300 for four hours makes for a delicious tender dinner. Many mixes have such a fake bullion taste but I find that this particular mix doesn't leave that shuddering after taste when used in conjunction with other ingredients. Simply wonderful when mixed with ground beef for hamburgers and grill.

I also am addicted to just making a pan of it to use as a soup. I like to keep a jar of it in the refrigerator ready to go when I want a hot drink to curb my appetite. A cup only figures out to 1 WW point as it has no Trans fat or sugars. I limit myself to only 1 or 1/2 cup a day as it is quite high in sodium but the half cup does the trick in chasing off the hunger pangs. I find it one of those indispensable pantry stockers and my local grocers does not always carry it. The price here on Amazon is quite competitive.
on May 16, 2016
I usually use the regular Lipton onion soup but tried this on my last order. I gave it 4 stars because I think I prefer the regular, but it is still very good. I use it in a lot of my cooking. I microwave it in water and pour it over my pot roast, potatoes and carrots in the slow cooker and it adds wonderful flavor. It also makes a nice base for stew the next day with the leftover pot roast. I have this on subscription as I never want to be without it.
What is there NOT to like about the Lipton Beefy Onion Soup mix?

I have previously purchased this from our local warehouse store but for one reason or another, it is no longer available. That being said, I find myself looking to other avenues to locating this great soup mix. I use it in a variety of things that I make. From mixing it into ground beef and grilling it, to putting it in the crockpot with a beef roast, it's all delicious!

PROS: Taste, quality of product, flexibility to be used in various dishes
CONS: None noted
on March 6, 2015
Hard to find, and a tad expensive on Amazon BUT it's the necessary ingredient for a dip that my girlfriend makes where she got the recipe off the box. It's the one that needs to baked. We found other mixes made it taste too salty so we are always on the look out for this.
on April 22, 2014
This is the BEST ! Like magic in a box! Some of the onion soup mixes are too overpowering
and way too salty. This one is chicken based instead of beef based and has a GOLDEN taste.
It works really well in turkey meatloaf where the regular beef based mix did not. And it makes
a truly delightful dip for chips. I added a little garlic, some dill weed and black pepper and made
a dip that no one could keep their hands off . I'm sure there and hundreds of things I will find
to do with this incredible hit!
on October 27, 2016
Bought this soup mix after having so much trouble finding vegetarian soup mix at the store (everything seems to have chicken base or cost a fortune). Though I wasn't sure I needed such a large set of soup mix, this recipe secrets onion soup base was perfect. We mostly used this to make soup (great for diet or vegetable soup). The cover makes it look like it's just for dip mix, but it's pretty versatile. Dip can get costly so nice to also have this on hand. Easy to store, easy to use, a great deal.
on December 23, 2015
I love this seasoning. After I couldn't find it in stores near me I got sad. Tought they discontinued it. One pack and my 1 dozen turkey wings are well and evenly seasoned. The entire 3 pound bag of chicken tenderloins take up 1 pack and about a half. It's delicious and just great for making all kinds of foods. To get 6 boxes for this prices is amazing too. My family can't wait to eat the food i make with this seasoning and I can't wait to cook with it.
on January 15, 2014
I opened a packet and made some soup. Very strange and stale taste. Then I looked at the expiration date on the box - best used by MAY '03. Seriously Amazon? This is 2014 - your product expired 11 years ago! I won't bother to return this garbage - I simply will be buying less food products online.