Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Chalk Ink 6mm Earthy Wet Wipe Markers, 8-Pack
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on July 8, 2010
I own a coffee shop and was using "Bright Sticks" to write our menu items and specials but was a little tired of using just the 4 neon pastel colors that are available. I tried several different brands but was very dissapointed until I found Chalk-ink's products! This brand is nice because you can see the color immediately, it comes in many many colors, and is easy to apply. Some of the colors come off easily w/ water and some are a little harder but I just use window cleaner and it comes off fine. The only negative is that some of the colors are not as solid as others (the darker colors do not apply as well and you may have to repeat) Make sure you put the cap on tightly as the tip can dry out very quickly. Bright Sticks have a longer life but Chalk-ink is way more fun to use. (I wish we could get all the colors in a fine point but the 6mm is fine for most jobs)
on August 30, 2011
I was a bit worried that they wouldn't erase from my chalkboard paint walls, so I ordered NEOPlex Chalkboard Spray Cleaner along with it. The cleaner works great to remove the liquid chalk from my walls, and I am very happy with the way they write so clearly!
on October 4, 2011
i thought this product was for only dry erase boards, but it looks excellent on my chalk board in the kitchen. it wipes off without a trace. it looks clean and professional. now i know how the restaurants make their chalk boards look so beautiful!
on October 15, 2010
These pens will ruin your chalkboard painted wall. You can not get the imprint off. You will have to repaint. And the company agrees that they won't work on chalkboard paint on walls. Too bad they don't warn you on the package of their very expensive markers.

from Chalk Ink company:

Unless you have a very hard surface like a porcelain on steel board or a manufactured, baked surface, or a semi-gloss painted surface- you will always have that issue. Chalk paint is very porous and not hard so it is something that will need a regular touch up. It's the nature of the material.
88 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2012
These are great fun when used on the appropriate surface. I tried out glass (drinking glasses and car window) and black contact paper. Do not use on porous surfaces (like the directions say) and you won't have a ruined surface.

The markers have an angled chisel tip. Because of this, when priming the markers, be sure not to damage the tip by pressing on it completely vertically. Also be sure to shake the well very well before priming.

Other reviewers mentioned using black contact paper as an option instead of black chalk. It does give the impression of a chalk board, but it doesn't accept the pen as neatly as I would have liked. Some chalk ink colors didn't adhere as well as others and there was some pooling before the stuff could fully dry. Drawing with the pointed end of the tip worked better than broader strokes.
on September 1, 2013
Bought these to use on chalkboards for rustic farmhouse wedding. The colors are lovely for the purpose that I needed however I found they weren't consistently great to write with. The package states they are for multi-surface use. I found they wrote best on chalkboard paint on wood. Chalkboard paint on tin second. And not so well on smoothxhalkboard surface. I felt it looked really streaky in that instance. Have yet to try them on glass. I would purchase them again, I just wish they wrote a little smoother on all of my surfaces. Easy to erase though(!) so that is helpful.

Update:
Work really well on glass. You just need to really get the chalk ink to saturate the tip of the pen before you start for best results.
on October 22, 2014
I somehow became a professional chalk artist these past couple of years, and Chalk Ink has become my staple brand (Although I hear Zig is comparable if not better, but I don't have experience in them).

I really like Chalk Ink a lot. They clean up easily with water, and if they ever get stubborn, some windex or a magic eraser does the trick. They blend pretty dang well with a paint brush (all things considered. This is a super tricky medium to work in), but the colors are, usually, pretty darn bright and hold up well for long periods of time assuming you're not rubbing against them or, god forbid, splashing water all over the place.

Sometimes when you clean up the marker, you'll see an outline of whatever letter you just erased. What I do is use a wet rag to wipe and use another dry rag/towel/paper towel to dry off the area rather than allowing the board to air dry. This prevents that cloudy film from appearing and also helps erase any stubborn residue.

I've only once had bad luck cleaning up a chalkboard, and it was because I used that Clorox Green spray cleaner (or whatever), and it reacted to the surface of the plastic chalkboard and caused it to go tacky. If you use a cleaning product, test a small area so you won't have to resurface a board.

Anyways: Chalk Ink Good. Buy some. Worth the price. 7/10 durability when left alone, 8/10 in color, 8/10 in mileage, and an unwavering sense of quality.
on October 15, 2013
I use these markers for my business (chalkboard art). At first I didnt use them hardly at all because a lot of my stuff is done with chalkboard paint, which is porous on certain materials and this did not come off clean with windex. and since I reuse my boards they were not a good option. I have switched to only using permanent chalk markers. I use these as well as another brand, Chalk This Way, and after having used both for four months now, I find that I use these earth tones over the other bright tones simply because they work faster.

Initial use, you need to shake and put pressure to allow the ink to flow. After that, every other use is so easy and they are flowing with ink! I love them.
on October 4, 2011
I was really excited to try the markers over standard chalk, but sadly for my chalkboard wall the colors are simply too dark and the tip so small that I have to go over everything multiple times, which has led to me all but emptying out the lightest colors (yellow and pink). maybe these would work well in an outside, sunlit circumstance, but inside my studio they just don't really work.
on December 6, 2013
I LOVE these markers. Bought them to work on some recently-discovered Pinterest projects (haha... but seriously), and they're awesome. Just understand that, just like the old-school craft pens, you have to PUSH THE TIP UP AND DOWN on a paper towel or newspaper or something to get the chalk ink running... after that, they're golden. Just follow the instructions; I've read a number of the reviews on this brand of chalk ink marker, and it seems like a lot of people buy them, think they don't work, and toss them out without just reading the directions!

See 1 answered question