Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on March 12, 2015
My boys and I LOVED this children's version of Three Cups of Tea. I loved it so much that I bought a copy for our school library. The torn paper pictures are beautiful. It's amazing how well he was able to shorten the amazing story told in Three Cups of Tea down to a children's book and made it simple enough for them to understand and WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THEMSELVES!!
on October 8, 2009
I bought this book for my grandsons so they could know the story of Three Cups of Tea which had so inspired me. I am so glad I did. The book opened up a wonderful and continuing discussion about children who live in other parts of the world and how their lives differ from ours. The story engaged them, and the beautiful artwork -- which has a lovely back story of its own -- intrigued them, more so with each reading. The book gently introduces children to another religion and culture, and tells a good story along the way.
on November 21, 2013
Colorful illustrations and wonderful story. Helps your children connect to children in a completely different world than their own. Expands their horizons and their love for other human beings. Lovely! If you have read Three Cups of Tea, you will love being able to share part of that story with your children.
on October 18, 2016
Excellent retelling of adult book, Three Cups of Tea
on May 10, 2014
I read Three Cups of Tea years ago and have been a supporter of Central Asia Institute ever since. I'm very glad this book is available for the younger kids. It is well written and inspiring.
on January 12, 2015
We bought this, along with other books, for the school counselor to have in his office for any kids who needed to come see him. Great books!
on February 1, 2016
A very inspirational story, Loved it...
on April 17, 2009
This story is well written and supported by beautiful illustrations. It is a story about how one person can make a difference, if they just keep on working towards their goal. It is a story about how true democracy isn't achieved with war or terror, but with understanding, respect and education. It is also a story that has been formatted for 3 different age groups, with the versions for older children and the adult version called "Three cups of Tea" How nice to be able to read a book that inspires me, and then to be able to share that story with my children with the same story but aimed for their understanding. I highly recommend this book, and feel that every school library should have a copy!
on June 5, 2009
I read Three Cups of Tea, and afterwards wanted to give my grandchildren, who are 8 and 6, the experience of understanding the tribal areas vis-a-vis girls' education in Pakistan. After my eldest granddaughter read this book, she began saving all her pennies and has donated over $10.00 to the Central Asia Institute. Every child should read this book to have a better understanding of what is happening in Pakistan at this moment in history. Only by understanding each other and accepting our differences will we all be able to appreciate the things we have in common and live together in peace.
on February 23, 2015
Perfect gift for 8 year old girl. Awesome story and so encouraging.