Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on April 14, 2017
So far so good. I have had at least five other adjustable arm lamps. Some have lasted longer than others but all have collapsed around the plastic connections. This one looks better made and the connections are metal. Even the springs that popped off of the other models, are strongly attached. Earlier lamps needed significant strengthening with screws added but this one seems to be ready. I use these lamps permanently attached to a vertical board so the lamp can swing over the arm of a couch and shine down on my crochet project. I have high hopes for this model.
on February 22, 2013
I've owned about six of these lights for my two desks, and they typically last about 2 years before something fails. Assume that the light will have to be replaced in 2 years.

I have now placed two consecutive orders for this light, and both arrived in defective condition and had to be returned. I already own three of them, and so I know how they work and how they are assembled, but something has gone wrong with this supplier.

The first light was missing the plastic knob that is used to turn the light on and off.

The second order had the plastic knob, but now was missing the two indentations on the light assembly that are necessary to attach the hood to the assembly.

The third order arrived, yes, I gave them three tries, and it had
1) a plastic knob on the top that looked used
2) a small dent in the hood
3) a chip in the white paint on the inside of the hood
4) and the lamp steel pole that goes into the base plastic mount was loose as if the mount didn't match the lamp.

When I looked at the packaging, it looked like it might have been a return.

Save yourself some time and avoid this product and merchant.

After two years of daily use, the on-off switch for this light failed.
on October 18, 2009
This "clamp on" lamp features an idiotic clamp design- a curved "L" shaped bolt that slips into the plastic base of the lamp. The problem with this design is that if the weight of the lamp is slightly off center- say if you want to extend it or rotate it around, thus rocking it- you will unavoidably cause the entire clamp assembly to fall apart and the lamp will come crashing down. For $20 it's not worth sending back, but if I had it to do over again I would definitely NOT buy this lamp.
33 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2017
This was to replace a similar lamp I had for many years. It met the bill very well & matched one of my older lamps. I wish that the electric cord was a little longer.
on September 25, 2011
I like the light, but the clamp component is small and doesn't stay tight. When trying to swing the arm, the whole clamp swings sometimes. I think it was overpriced for the clamp trouble I have had. For the money spent, I expected it all to work well. Also, the clamp size is limited to slender table tops. It's unstable if it's open wide. I wished I would have just gotten a table top model as this has proved to be a bit annoying.
on August 31, 2017
This lamp has broken twice on me immediately following purchase. The switch on the lamp does not work at all. The second you turn it to turn on or off the lamp, it breaks. It is unfortunate because the rest of the lamp actually works quite well and it's cute, but it does not work.
on May 8, 2014
I should have heeded the reviews about the clamp. Other than being made of plastic, no directions whatsoever and subject to breakage I am trying to understand how it is supposed to even work. Maybe I'm missing a part. It does clamp as described, however there is no method of locking down the shaft from the light that mates to the clamp. This means that the light assembly swings down to wherever gravity takes it, but not where you want it. It's hard for me to believe someone would sell this inferior product.

Amazon, you can do better than this.
on September 9, 2016
For the money this is a very good product. The base of the arm is metal and won't break like the plastic ones.
on September 26, 2012
I purchased this lamp as a replacement for the poor quality Chinese "Alvin G2540-D Swing-arm Lamp," also from Amazon, which failed after three days of use. I was surprised and dismayed to find that this "Lite Source LS-105WHT" is an exact copy of the "Alvin G2540-D," right down to the flimsy plastic bracket that failed on the Alvin. Perhaps putting a different manufacturer's name on this product will improve its quality, but I am not hopeful.
LATER: It took six months (because I reinforced the bracket with a cable tie), but the flimsy plastic bracket eventually failed as expected. The rest if the lamp is OK...
on January 17, 2012
I have a similar Alvin swing lamp and thought it was the same product under a different brand. I wanted it in red, so I decided to get the Litesource one. I was mistaken. It looks like the same lamp but the quality is much worse. The clamp design is very bad on all lamps of this type, but this one is made of apparently an even worse plastic and part of it was cracked and snapped off as I was taking it out of the box. The pins that hold the tension rods are made of metal on the Alvin lamp, but here they are made from a plastic that bends and looks like it is about to snap off (and release a spring into someone's eye!) One of the springs came off in the box because of that. The switch cover does not stay in place. Etc. Too bad - I liked the red color, but I am getting a refund.